• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Testosterone - increasing the signals to make it, not the hormone itself...?

Bansaw

After analyzing my 23andme data, my doc tells me that testosterone production is a significant issue for me.
I went to see a different integrated medicine doctor a few weeks ago and she was trying to push me onto bio-identical hormone creams etc.

I have a theory that my body can produce testosterone OK, but it the signalling mechanism that isn't firing properly. Does anyone know of a method/supplement that can increase the signalling to make testosterone?

I'd rather try that first than a bio-identical hormone. (I am wary of side effects and kidney/liver damage with the hormone cream.)

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I am having success with Testojack 100 by NOW Foods. It has Tongkat Ali extract & Tribulus that tell the body to make more T.

It's working: putting hair on my chest, decreasing anxiety and improving sleep and mood.

Bansaw

I am having success with Testojack 100 by NOW Foods. It has Tongkat Ali extract & Tribulus that tell the body to make more T.

It's working: putting hair on my chest, decreasing anxiety and improving sleep and mood.
Thanks - I wonder if there is a similar supp in sublingual or drops form? I am paranoid about bad absorption, I am sure my gut biome is off etc.
Can I ask when you take Testojack, - before meals, after...?

Sherpa

Can I ask when you take Testojack, - before meals, after...?

I take two capsules first thing in the morning, 5 days on per week and 2 days off. (I skip Monday and Tuesday - cause I like to have more hormones on the weekend). I can really feel the difference on the days when I'm off, as I am more prone to anxiety, depression, lower self confidence.

Some users report that if you take these herbs for an extended, continuous period without breaks then your body adapts -- and they are not as effective at signaling more T production.

Last edited:

Bansaw

Some users report that if you take these herbs for an extended, continuous period without breaks then your body adapts -- and they are not as effective at signaling more T production.
Interesting you take a couple of days off. I'm reading about these herbs/minerals that boost testosterone and there seems to be some concern that some herbs like fenugreek actually purport to increase T by simply interfering with the natural process of it breaking down into DHT.
And there are others that help produce T but also increase growth hormone which is not desirable if you're over a certain age.
So, a few red flags there. I just want to make sure I get the right one. My doc once put me on B-Vital which contains Peruvian Deer antler but that didn't do me much good.

Sherpa-mind if I ask your age? Wondering if that supplement works for those who are older. Thanks.

Sherpa

@satori I'll be 39 tomorrow! New hairs are sprouting up on my chest AND The hairs on my head are thinning & shedding at an accelerated rate. So I believe it is working to boost Testosterone.

P.S. there is also a Testojack 200 that's a stronger formula and doesn't contain Zinc.

This might be slightly different since I am female......and really don't want hair on my chest.
But..... My testosterone is virtually undetectable. Even though women do not need as much as males, it is still pretty important to us.

My dr tried dhea hoping that it would convert into T but it didn't (at all)
So then we went onto bio identical cream. A minute dose applied to the skin nightly.
Now, 2 or 3 weeks later, my T levels are abnormally high and I have felt none of the fabulous things we hoped for like energy, hair regrowth (on the head), libido, less muscle weakness. Nada. No effect at all.
So now we are cutting it off again.

Back to the drawing board.