Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Test for 37 kD RNase

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by ttt, Apr 5, 2018.

1. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    Does anyone know where I can get tested for 37 kD RNase?

2. lafarfelue

lafarfelue Senior Member

Australia
    Did some sleuthing and could only find this:

"There is only one place in the US that performs an RNase-L assay test (VIP Dx lab in Reno)."​
    from this page (though I haven't read that blog so have no idea about any of their theories or approach to ME/CFS, so...) https://movingtowardsfreedom.com/20...-defect-disease-aka-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

There seems to be at least one discussion about the assay test on the prohealth forums too.

Maybe if you don't find more info here, you could reach out to someone like Dr Montoya's offices to ask them?

ttt likes this.
  3. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    Thanx, lafarelue. I just called VIP Dx (now called RedLabs), and they stopped testing for it several years ago. Bummer!

4. lafarfelue

lafarfelue Senior Member

Australia
    That is a bummer. They had no suggestions for where else you could check?

ttt likes this.
  5. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

No labs do this test anymore. I can't remember exactly what the scandal was, but the creator of this test either falsified his scientific findings, was corrupt in some way, or what. But in essence RNaseL and its application to CFS is not really true. My CFS doc told me he knew someone who worked closely with the RNaseL people and my doc's friend said it turned out to be all BS. I don't remember the details.

lafarfelue and ttt like this.
  6. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    Lafarelue, the guy I spoke to said he didn't think anyone was doing it, and he was vague about why they stopped. Something about how they found out it wasn't helpful.

lafarfelue likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.