• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tender to touch localised pain

Skippa

Anti-BS
Hi,

I sometimes get this, for example on my hip, but today I have it on my right arm.

It starts a few inches below my elbow and reaches a few inches above. The entire area is sensitive to touch, even the slightest brushing of touches.

If I stay totally still I can't feel any pain at all, but clothes brushing against it, even shower water causes the pain, in fact HARD pressing doesn't cause the pain either.

I was lifting some objects yesterday, could it be a trapped nerve? It feels like a burning ache or intense fiery itch at the point of pressure and radiates out into the surrounding tissue/muscle.

It reminds me of the uncomfortable all over sensitivity you get from a bad virus fevery episode, such as tonsilitis or bad flu, except localised.

voner

Hi,

I sometimes get this, for example on my hip, but today I have it on my right arm.

It starts a few inches below my elbow and reaches a few inches above. The entire area is sensitive to touch, even the slightest brushing of touches.

If I stay totally still I can't feel any pain at all, but clothes brushing against it, even shower water causes the pain, in fact HARD pressing doesn't cause the pain either.

I was lifting some objects yesterday, could it be a trapped nerve? It feels like a burning ache or intense fiery itch at the point of pressure and radiates out into the surrounding tissue/muscle.

It reminds me of the uncomfortable all over sensitivity you get from a bad virus fevery episode, such as tonsilitis or bad flu, except localised.

That sounds exactly like Allodynia.