• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Temporary side effects from increased blood volume?

CW1

Has anyone experienced fatigue when increasing their salt intake? Ive been on Florinef for over a year now, and my doc and I decided to increase my salt intake by just 1/4 a teaspoon a day - just bc I'm still having symptoms of low blood volume. since doing so my blood pressure is a little higher (which is good for me) but I've been really fatigued.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced heavy fatigue when they raised their blood volume a notch. I'm hoping it may be a transient symptom that will go away. Maybe just my body and ANS adjusting to the new level of blood in the brain?

keenly

Has anyone experienced fatigue when increasing their salt intake? Ive been on Florinef for over a year now, and my doc and I decided to increase my salt intake by just 1/4 a teaspoon a day - just bc I'm still having symptoms of low blood volume. since doing so my blood pressure is a little higher (which is good for me) but I've been really fatigued.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced heavy fatigue when they raised their blood volume a notch. I'm hoping it may be a transient symptom that will go away. Maybe just my body and ANS adjusting to the new level of blood in the brain?
When I introduced salt a few year ago it totally messed me up for awhile. Too much salt is not great without Potassium. Please try both together.

CW1

When I introduced salt a few year ago it totally messed me up for awhile. Too much salt is not great without Potassium. Please try both together.
Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I do take some potassium too and monitor my electrolytes w/ periodic blood tests.

keenly

Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I do take some potassium too and monitor my electrolytes w/ periodic blood tests.
It is the balance that is hard to get right. I have a problem with both. Normally they are low.