• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Teitelbaum's Fatigue to Fantastic

Googsta

Doing Well
This book was recommended to me & I was wondering if it matters which copy I buy.
There have been several revised editions but I can't afford the later ones, does it really matter?
Thanks ;)

Seven7

Seven
I did the book before I knew of this forum. I didn't do all the supplements but I was very happy w the vitamin powder+ D-ribose, in about 1.5month always take me off relapse.

The problem is that it destroys my stomach and I am over the B12 acceptable range, so I haven't been able to use it during this relapse. I would also Do the OLE because I did have viral infection even though my Dr told me I didn't and answering the questions in the book didn't tell me I had it either.

Googsta

Doing Well
Thanks

The friend who recommended the book said she found the S.H.I.N.E protocol etc underwhelming until she read the book. I found a dirt cheap '98 version, maybe I should just buy that & use the sites for updates?

She swears by D-ribose too Inester ;)

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I've had a small amount of success with D-ribose too, but not in the superlative way the book leads you to believe. It's just a slight energy boost within the first hour or two after taking the twice daily dose. But I still find it worthwhile, so I continue to take it.

Inester, it gave me stomach problems too at first, but I think that was because it wasn't dissolving completely in the water. After a while, I started mixing it in very hot water (2.5 minutes in a microwave for a 12 oz mug), which ensured that the Ribose fully dissolved, and the stomach issues dissipated.

maddietod

I think you could buy the cheap book, and then double-check anything that interests you on his website. That way you can dog-ear and underline....it's a lot of information.

dannybex

... and I am over the B12 acceptable range, so I haven't been able to use it during this relapse. I would also Do the OLE because I did have viral infection even though my Dr told me I didn't and answering the questions in the book didn't tell me I had it either.

You may want to check out some of the methylation threads, especially those by Rich Van Konynenburg. He understands that one's b12 level can be high, but still one's 'functional b12' level is actually low. I can't really explain it, and may be incorrect, but perhaps you can PM RichVank for more clarification.

Googsta

Doing Well
Thanks everyone ;)

Taa Danny, having some success with my own supplements ATM but am keen to check out Rich's protocol if I hit a brick wall :thumbsup:

pamojja

having some success with my own supplements ATM but am keen to check out Rich's protocol if I hit a brick wall :thumbsup:

How has it been going with Teitelbaum's protocol? Continued improvement?

Anyone one else successful with the SHINE protocol?