• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tasting the wrapping used for foods ?

xchocoholic

Hi there ...

I'm awake because I had an adrenaline rush.

I ate some lamb that I bought at Whole Foods the other day and froze it
in the meat freezer paper they wrapped it in. I cooked it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It tasted great going down but that's how this works for me. I only taste the wrapper later but now I'll
taste it right away if I eat anymore of that meat. Bummer .. Whole Foods is an hour away from me and I needed that meat. I've gotten so sensitive that I can only eat their fresh meat, some frozen scallops and fresh salmon (even tho it's actually loosely wrapped in a styrofoam pkg).

Over the past couple of years, I stopped eating most wrapped foods, esp meats, because the flavor of the wrapper feels toxic to me. I had to stop eating individually wrapped frozen fish fillets, Maverik Ranch beef, sea veggies, etc.

This was the brown paper so I thought it might be ok. I knew the white paper was a problem. I'm reacting
to white paper towels now too. I need all natural tp now too. I know it didn't help that I had to heat the meat in order to get
one if those meat divider sheets out from between two lamb steaks.

I took a
Himalaya liver care which always brings back up the flavor of whatever my liver can't deal with. I'm regretting
that right now tho. Bleh ! Bleh ! Bleh !

I hate to but I guess I'll have to take a charcoal in a few minutes. I don't think they're supposed to but they
always constipate me. I'll drink some Natural calm to counteract that. What a mess.

I'm sure this is a mcs thing but I wondered if others were dealing with this ? My tongue and throat feel coated with whatever is in that paper. I feel poisoned.

Does anyone have any tips ? Thanks ... X

Eta. The charcoal helped get rid of most of the taste within a few minutes. : ) I've got some phlegm now tho. Barf ..

taniaaust1

Charcoal constipates me too.. I think that actually isnt at all abnormal.

Sorry you're having issue with food wrappers (Ive only had tht issue a few times.. I wont defrost foods in microwave in any wrappers etc)

xchocoholic

Hi tan,

I didn't realize charcoal was constipating. I knew it produced black poo but thought that was it.
It seems to be helping so that's a relief. Coughing up phlegm is a surprise but I guess that's
just my body detoxing. Better out than in .. Lol ..

I started out reacting to a few things too. Canned foods have been out of my diet for at least
14 years. I've sure lost a lot of money over this. : (

Tc .. X

xchocoholic

I just googled mast cells mcs and read that this could be related. But despite taking 20 mg Wal-zyr,
10 mg brand name zyrtec, 10 mg claritin and 1 tsp children's benadryl yesterday I reacted to this.

At least that gives me another treatment option I can try.

G nite .. I hope .. X

xchocoholic

Ok, after waiting 30 minutes for the charcoal to work, I took natural calm, 100 mg theanine, 2 1/2 mg melatonin, 100 mg 5htp, tbsp children"s benadryl and 1/2 of of a .125 mg of klonopin and was sound asleep in 30 minutes. I can barely taste it this morning. :) Before learning about how to deal with this sort of reaction, I'd have been miserable for days. :ill:

I'm doing ok but a little drowsy. Coffee and Wal-zyr are helping tho ... fwiw, i'm not getting the charge out of coffee like I was last year. That stopped prior to taking any anti histamines tho. :D
I'm guessing the Klonopin helps with that.

tc ... x