• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Takuna and now valgancyclovir (valtrex)

JalapenoLuv

So far I've been on takuna for about 12 days. It's very hard to get, with the only source being a liquid nonstandardized product from Nutramedix. When I added Takuna to my other herb regimen I noticed a definite anti viral effect, head ulcers cleared up about 80% and there were no side effects.

My MD approved trying valcyclovir after I showed her research showing that many EBV patients are infected but have false negative findings on testing, which was her main reason for not wanting to do it. I decided to do it for two reasons.
  • The head lesions hadn't fully cleared.
  • Combination therapy is often recommended when treating infections.

After only one dose of valcyclovir I have one of their not serious side effects, nausea, which stinks, however perhaps after a few days my body will adjust and it will get better.

JalapenoLuv

My body adjusted quickly and the second dose of valcyclovir didn't cause nausea. However, I did get back on N-acetylcysteine to help the liver out (glutathione generator). So far the valcy appears to be helping.

JalapenoLuv

It was valgancyclovir, not vircyclovir. Anyway, at 1g 3x/day of the drug my kidneys hurt and are causing back pain. It also decreases my energy and seems to be worsening the sores on top of my head that were clearing on the takuna. I can either half the dose to 0.5 g or stop it entirely. I haven't decided yet.

I have no idea how the patients in that CFS trial were able to handle this regimen.

JalapenoLuv

After stopping the drug my energy is coming way up and the back pain is improving. This is consistent with research showing that it inhibits the reproduction of human mitochrondria, exactly the opposite of what I need if I'm replacing infected tissue. I won't be going back on the drug.