• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Swollen fingers/hands when walking?

BadBadBear

Anyone else w/ OI get swollen fingers or hands when you are walking around? I was reading on this and it seems like the body can lose tone in the extremeties causing water to pool. To me, that sounds as if it could be OI related - or an ANS glitch of some sort - similar to BP dropping when standing. Or hyponatremia can cause it, which is always a concern for me since I lose salt easily.

The only positive thing I've found about it is when I come in and check my blood sugars after a walk, my plump little sausage fingers are easy to take a drop of blood from. :)

If you have found any supplements, etc. that help with this, I'd be really interested in solutions to prevent it. I've had this problem at least since my teen age years.