• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Survived the move to NC

soxfan

I physically survived the move but emotionally I am having a really hard time. I am very homesick for my job..friends and house. Even though I wanted to move here it isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I am having constant anxiety and I think what is major cortisol elevation from stress.

I know in time things will be fine but getting there is the hard part.

Plus my husband is a pharmacist and on his first week of work his store was robbed by two masked gunmen at 3am..he works the overnight shift. Everyone was okay..just terrified.

Congrats on your move too sushi..was it a far move? We moved from NH to NC.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I physically survived the move but emotionally I am having a really hard time. I am very homesick for my job..friends and house. Even though I wanted to move here it isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I am having constant anxiety and I think what is major cortisol elevation from stress.

I know in time things will be fine but getting there is the hard part.

Plus my husband is a pharmacist and on his first week of work his store was robbed by two masked gunmen at 3am..he works the overnight shift. Everyone was okay..just terrified.

Congrats on your move too sushi..was it a far move? We moved from NH to NC.

I understand the emotional/stress response too. My move was across town from the base of a mountain to the Rio Grande river. So I changed climates and dropped 1500 feet. Hoping that will be a good thing--but I do miss my up-close view of the mountain, though not my former home as the new one is much more suitable and in a co-housing community. I am still in the stage of dealing with multiple things that have to be "done right now"--so yes, it is stressful. Some day I'd like to unpack!

Your husband sure had an awful introduction to your new city! I used to live in that area--Durham/Chapel Hill. Hope you will find that you love the area.

Best,
Sushi

soxfan

We love the area..we are in Cary...it's just a big change and time will take care of that. We lived in our former home for 34 years so we had all those memories ..friends ..plus today I failed my driving test (written) so now I am stressed about that..like I need any more stress right now!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
We love the area..we are in Cary...it's just a big change and time will take care of that. We lived in our former home for 34 years so we had all those memories ..friends ..plus today I failed my driving test (written) so now I am stressed about that..like I need any more stress right now!

I know Cary! I lived in that area for 7 years. It has grown a lot since I lived there though.

Sorry about the stress and the driver's test. Reminds me of riding around there on a bike -- but that was "back then" and we didn't have a car.

Sushi

L'engle

moogle
Sorry about the drivers test. That would be very difficult when under stress and burned out. Can you wait a while before taking it again or do you need to drive right away?

Sorry about the break in at your husband's work as well. Not a good welcome to a new home.

Take care and hope you can rest.

soxfan

I have 60 days to get my license. Our cars have to be registered next month so I have to pass..I knew that book inside and out..tricky questions which I should have answered correctly..one of them was about driving on hard snow..u think I should have had that one right..nope I answered wrong! I will try again next week.

Cary is building like crazy..it is really unbelievable. Everything is new in my area..shopping centers ..homes..hope I can get use to this big area...