• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Support from your pharmacy if you’re an unpaid carer

Sasha

Fine, thank you
New article by Emily Beardall, a PWME who is a pharmacist:

Emily Beardall said:
Community pharmacy teams can help make life a little easier for you if you care for someone with an illness or disability. This blog talks about the help available and at the end of the article I’ve listed some useful resources for carers and information for pharmacy teams on how they can support carers.

When we talk about carers, we mean anyone who provides unpaid care for a family member, partner or friend who cannot cope without their support due to a health problem or a disability. The term is sometimes confused with a care worker or care assistant but the difference is that a carer is unpaid whereas a care worker or care assistant is paid for looking after someone.

Research published on the Carers Week website showed that carers rate their pharmacy as the most carer-friendly service across health, social care, work, transport and education.

Ways your pharmacy can help you if you’re a carer
If you let your pharmacy know that you’re a carer they may be able to help make life a little easier for you by making the logistics of getting medication and organising it easier in the following ways....

Read the rest at:

https://aprescriptionforme.wordpres...-from-your-pharmacy-if-youre-an-unpaid-carer/

Invisible Woman

My local pharmacy are fantastic. Shame that the government are trying to shut them, and thousands like them, down.

It's ridiculous: first they try to educate people to use the pharmacy more for advice and then they decide that as pharmacies are a part of the NHS they should also be subject to costcutting (aka efficiency) measures.

I reckon my local pharmacist has saved the NHS anywhere between 3-5 GP appts over the last few years just for me. When you take into account all of their customers who knows how much money they have saved the NHS.