• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplements Work Better After Methylation?

Lotus97

I've heard some people say their other supplements worked better after they've been doing methylation for a period of time. I was wondering if this is a common thing and how do you know it's the other supplements and not methylation itself that's helping?

dbkita

Because in my case there were three or four supplements I could not tolerate until I began methylation and was on it for a while.

Lotus97

Someone said they were able to tolerate liposomal glutathione after doing methylation for a period of time. I thought that was kind of interesting because you'd think the whole point of methylation was so you didn't need to take glutathione. I know methylation does other things besides glutathione, but that is one of the aspects emphasized.

dbkita

Even liposomal glutathione will only raisr glutathione levels in the liver and kidney and maybe red blood cells. It can't penetrate cell membranes generally and certainly not the bbb. The liposomal is so the glutathione as a tripeptide survives the acidity in the stomach. I took liposomal glutathione for six years as per Dr Guilford and my glutathione never improved. By 2010 Rich Vank said I had the lowest whole blood glutathione levels he has ever seen to that point in time. I tried iv glutathione and all that did was help land me in the hospital after the tenth injection or so. And no increase though it did double my glutamate levels. Only addressing methylation and atp fixed it nearly tripling glutathione in nine months.

Lotus97

I wasn't recommended liposomal glutathione (although it might help some people). I just mentioned it because they said they were able to tolerate after doing methylation. There was a post from Rich who explained why he and Dr. Cheney no longer recommended non-denatured whey, but he said it might be good for relatively healthy people to take.