• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplement summaries

Hello All,

I have found it difficult trawling through huge amounts of material to get to the information I want regarding supplements. I was after information like upper daily dose limits, interactions with other supplements, deficiency and toxicity symptoms, food sources and other general notes.

I have gotten a lot of information regarding the above from http://www.acu-cell.com/ and condensed it to make easy to access (hopefully) summaries of some supplements that I think are relevant.

I have attached what I have done to this post and hope that some of you may find them useful.

If any of you want to make some amendments to the documents and repost them on this thread, please feel free.

Have a nice day :)

Myrtle

Attachments

• Methylation wiki.zip
    367.1 KB · Views: 99

Critterina

Myrtle,

Lots of work. Thanks!

When you say something like (I'm looking at the Selenium.doc) "I have monitored on a number of occasions a sharp drop in selenium levels when dental amalgams were removed, and where subsequently selenium slowly returned to previous levels again over a three to four week time period." I wonder - is that with your own amalgams removed, where you were doing testing on yourself? or are you a dentist? or is there some other source saying "I"? I was wondering because I took a multi-mineral and my serum tested a bit high for selenium, so I stopped that supplement. I liked the other things in it, but overly much selenium is teratogenic to fetuses (human and otherwise) and I don't need to experiment on myself with something that does that.

You might consider posting these documents on Google docs. That way you can edit them after two weeks (which is the limit on this site.) You can keep anyone else from editing it, or give special permission to people to view/edit.

Thanks again!

Hiya Critterina,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot take any credit for the actual information contained in the documents as I got it from the site I mentioned in my post above. All I did was condense the information in to, what is from my point of view, an easier to access format. I got the information from that site because I found it through a link in one of the threads here and thought it seemed to have a lot of useful material. I hopefully this was not the wrong thing to do regarding a copyright issue. I hoped it would be ok to post it on a forum just to try and make it easier for people to get the information quickly and easily, as it can be near to impossible to go through the masses of material out there to get this information when feeling bad with CFS.

I have left the documents open as I want people to open, edit and repost them in this thread to improve or add to them for the benefit of everone. I have just done the beginning part of setting the basics of the documents up with what limited information I have been able to look at so far.

Thanks

Myrtle :)

Hi All,

I have a new document here which I have also added to the original post above, it is a table of minerals and supplements which shows quickly and in one place the following information:
When to take, what to take with, what not to take with and extra relevant notes.
Please let me know what you think and as with the other documents, feel free to improve upon the information in the document and repost edited versions.

Thanks

Myrtle

Attachments

• Supplement table.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 83

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Thanks for the information on minerals. I have most difficulty with those. It seems they often don't play well with others.

Since you are attaching the document rather than posting it directly on the forum, I don't think you have a copyright problem (but I don't really know).

You're welcome.
I had difficulty finding all the information easily so I did these docs to make it more accessible for me, I thought I may as well share them incase they helped others :)