• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplement suggestions. MTHFR A1298C, multi vitamin, yeast and lyme in general

I have a few questions regarding these things. I have two copies of the A1298C mutation. I saw a doctor, not LLMD who told me to take deplin for this. When posting in another forum asking if people have seen improvements with deplin, lots of people said it had fillers and was not a good supplement for the mutation. I know nothing about this so wondered if anyone here can guide me on this?

Also, i know people say to avoid folic acid when you have the mutation. I cannot find any multivitamin that does not contain folic acid in it. Could someone possibly give me a suggestion for a multivitamin that does not contain folic acid?

Also, do people believe in general diet, vitamins and supplements are key in getting better? I was on the waiting list for a very good LLMD for months, only to have him cancel all new patient appointments due to his own health issues. I was devastated. I didn't want to keep waiting months for another LLMD so i decided to see another doctor who is not an LLMD but has lyme himself and so i figured he would know lots about it. He prescribed 3 abx, didn't mention anything about supplements other than vitamin d and the deplin for the mutation. When i asked about diet he said to eat whatever i want and if we noticed diet later on impacting my healing then we could consider it. What are peoples thoughts on this?

Lastly, if i do have a yeast problem which i think i may i am assuming diet is vital in healing? Also, how do i know what is due to yeast and what is due to lyme? I have so many different symptoms it is hard to tell, although i did test positive for lyme through igenex so i guess i know i have that. I see an actual LLMD in 2 weeks time, so hopefully he can help me. I don't think i am going to go back to the other doctor.