• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplement Query, B12

Uno

Hi guys

I am about to do a supplement order and Freddd mentioned his protocol so I wanted some advice really.

I currently take:

NADH 10mgs with 200mgs D Ribose
Magnesium with Malic Acid (Malate) 1000mgs
Solgar Metafolin
Pyridoxine HCl and P-5-P Monohydrate 50mgs
Alpha Lipoic Acid 50mgs
Co Q10 500mcg
Now Foods Methyl B12 - 500mcg
Lecithin - 1200mgs
Vitamin D3
Chlorella 500mg
Immune Renew (anti viral Reishi Mushroom and Astragalus blend)

Soil Based Organisms (probiotics, good for the gut and TH1/TH2 shift)

I guess it seems quite a lot and I'm doing quite well on it but some have suggested I'm not doing the B12 right, just wanted some advice. I don't take any Glutamine or NAC.

arx

I didn't know that NOW Foods comes with a 500 mcg mb12 .You sure its 500 or 5000?

Well Fred recommends the Enzymatic Therapy brand for mb12,if that's what you're asking. You can also try a combination of NOW and ET. Whatever suits you. I have also used NOW foods 1000 mcg mb12 in the past.

Phred

Hi Uno,

Can you explain what you mean when you say others tell you you're "not doing the b12 right?" Are they saying you're taking the wrong kind? The wrong amount? Are you letting the sublingual dissolve too quickly? A little more clarification might make it easier to answer your question.

I have taken the NOW brand too. It was the first kind I tried. I definitely felt the NOW brand, but I have to say the Enzymatic Therapy was much more powerful for me.

Uno

I'm just taking what Rich van K and my nutritionist recommended (he knows Rich's work), I was just wondering how that differs from what Freddd recommends that's all.

"Goes to get bottle" they are 1000mcg. I don't suck them, I chomp them:) Perhaps I should make them last a little longer but they taste likes oranges. I'm also looking at adding in NT Factor.

arx

I think there's a huge difference between Rich's and Fred's protocol. Though I haven't read Rich's protocol properly, but I think the main points of difference would revolve around:
- The active form of folate is preferred i.e. L-Methylfolate(Metafolin) instead of folinic/folic acid, which I think Rich recommends in his protocol.
-The MAIN point, Fred prefers mb12 and adb12 instead of hydroxob12.
- Fred does not recommend Glutathione/precursors, as it causes folate deficiency acc. to him. I don't know if Rich has recommended it, but thought it should be mentioned.

Both threads about their protocols are marked sticky,and therefore are on top of the B12 forums . You can read them to get an in depth idea of things..

About the sublingual,
They do taste like oranges, I've felt that they last longer when kept between upper/lower lip and gum...they last about 45 mins when kept there.

Phred

Ok, so I guess the "wrong" part of your b12 taking is the "chomping." You might want to make that last longer. I can make the ET last for an hour and a half to two hours in my upper lip. Maybe not such a good plan with the NOW brand as it has citric acid in it, if memory serves, and may cause irritation. But I would definitely let it last longer than a good chew. :)

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Vitamin Code RAW B-12 by Garden of Life

My local health store has had my Enzymatic Therapy methylB12 back-ordered for around a month and I have been out for most of that time. The last time I was there I bought some Vitamin Code RAW B-12 by Garden of Life. Has anyone used this? If so, how effective was it?

I don’t actually know what type of B12 it is. It does not say. Generally, I assume that means cyanoB12. However, it says that it is a “whole-food B-12 formula”. I thought cyanoB12 was synthetic, so I am hoping that this is one or both of the active B12s.

Since I ran out of methyl B12, I have been having more difficulty getting up in the morning, which doesn’t surprise me since methylB12 is a melatonin antagonist. It recently occurred to me that my increased tendency to fumble and drop things may be neurological B12 deficit. I am now also out of adenosylB12.