• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplement made you MORE "sensitive to meds?"

joejack102

Has anyone ever taken a supplement that they feel made them MORE sensitive to meds?

(Background: Choline usage, either bitartrate or citicoline) made me less sensitive. I need a way to reverse it.)

I had a bad cognitive reaction to citicoline, and was unable to tolerate it. So I can't say about any effect on medication sensitivity (which was already very high for me).

joejack102

Thanks for your reply. It may have been Choline Bitartrate, but I know for a fact one of those two forms of Choline made me less sensitive to meds to the point where nothing works anymore and I'm severely fatigued all the time. It would be a great treatment for sensitivities if I knew the way to reverse it. I'm hoping somebody on here can help?

joejack102

Anyone taken any supplement that you believe may have made you MORE sensitive to medications & herbs?