• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulphur/amalgam issues getting worse

Hi, has anybody managed to move through mercury detox issues and methylation issues successfully when they have massive suphur issues? I am CBS 360 homo and have amalgam issues too-though they are all out now, as from 1st May this year. My sulphur sensitivity is getting worse, and I am unable to do much to support detox as I react to everything.....my liver is very sensitive. The whole thing has become a vicous circle that is spiralling down hill scarily quickly. I have now become sensitive to water -tap, filtered, bottled. I bought a distiller but the water tastes disgusting and I cannot believe it will do me any good. It also sets my teeth on edge. If I use the optional carbon flter with it I react badly-I read somewhere that most carbob filters are made from products dried with sulphur. I don't know how to break the cycle, but know I need to go right back to sort out my gut. Any suggestions or similar expereinces? It's funny how our goals shift.....I used to think that one day in the futut=re it would be lovely to share the occassional glass of wine with friends and fam.......now all I want to be able to do is to drink water!!!

ahmo

@Mels I"m linking my blog entry re coffee enemas for detox. My liver and adrenals have also been very sensitive. I've also at times used poultices on liver and adrenals at points of crisis, but I feel CEs are the best detoxifier.

Distilled water is pulling out the minerals you need. Big Berkey water filters have an additional flouride filter.

Definitely sort out your gut simultaneously. For me it's been the GAPS diet. I've heard it said, Paleo diet is for well people, GAPS is for ill people. Many references, ask if you want further.

Also, see thread below for alternatives to dealing w/ sulfur/ammonia. As I say there, I've now switched from the group of aminos I was using to using malic acid only.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/new-inexpensive-cbs-ammonia-fix.31835/ New Inexpensive CBS Ammonia Fix

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/my-detox-story-coffee-enemas.1616/ My CE Blog entry
}
Also, very interesting paper Cosigned by Mercola and Klinghardt, published 2001, lays out mercury detox and elements involved. http://www.mercola.com/article/mercury/mercury_elimination.htm

It's funny how our goals shift.....I used to think that one day in the futut=re it would be lovely to share the occassional glass of wine with friends and fam.......now all I want to be able to do is to drink water!
yes.:hug:

Also, please break up your paragraphs for easier reading.;)

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

At some point I too reacted to WATER.
It all got better with magnesium supplementation (600mg/day for me), which also helped a lot with liver issues.

You should also look into thyroid issues.

izzy

@ahmo Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried coffee enemas, and I do think they make a lot of detox sense. However, I find that they make me low on potassium......has that ever happened to you? I would love to be able to do them regularly, as I feel that it is one of the few ways I can shift anything.

I also have a Far infrared sauna - though daren't use that too much because of potassium worries. Plus, I am not able to drink much at the moment because of the water sensitivity - so can't rehydrate as much as I need to.. I am trying to increase potassium by drinking coconut water and taking potassium citrate and potassium gluconate.

I will look into the GAPS diet. Am currently on low protein to try to reduce sulphur.....but surely I will eventually become deficient in amino acids? I feel that we do one thing for one issue but inadvertently set up other issues. Is that your experience, too? Plus, if we don't eat brocolli and garlic we are missing out on some foods that are good for us in lots of other ways. Help!

I am sure my bile production is poor - I have pale stools and greener rather than yellow urine -so my liver is sluggish. I would like to try Chinese bitters to get the bile flowing - any thoughts/ ideas anybody? I think if I could get my liver going things would definitely start to improve. I do castor oil packs from time to time - maybe I will do them daily again. It's all about breaking the cycle of no detox.

Has anybody tried the Life Wave glutathione patches......I have, but haven't noticed anything a week in.

@Gondwanaland Thank you for this. How long did you react to water for? I am definitely low in mg and have been supplementing; have increased the sprays of mg chloride and the mg citrate capsules. What form do you take yours in?

Mels

Gondwanaland

@Gondwanaland Thank you for this. How long did you react to water for? I am definitely low in mg and have been supplementing; have increased the sprays of mg chloride and the mg citrate capsules. What form do you take yours in?

@Mels

I have extensively researched thru various sites about it and one clue led to another and I built the following reasoning:

- Salicylate intolerance includes nitrate and amine intolerances. I found out that the worst reactions were to high nitrate water

- Salicylate is a salt that forms salicylic acid within the body

- I usually have uric acid levels above normal range

- I got worse after increasing molybdenum (which increases uric acid formation)

- I measured my urine pH at home and it was 4.5

- I started taking sodium bicarbonate baths which helped immensely - but beware sodium is a magnesium antagonist

- even when I was well I was not able to tolerate Epsom salts or magnesium chelated with organic acids / aminoacids (I suspect high ammonia)

- I didn't want to try Mg chloride b/c chloride would increase acidity

- the only form left was Mg oxide, which wouldn't hurt b/c I have chronic constipation (I can't find Mg malate, threonate or taurate where I live and these are expensive forms which right now I couldn't afford to import)

- I started taking 200mg of MgO and it helped a little. I increased to 400mg which helped a little more. Then I increased to 600mg which restored my sleep, muscle relaxation, increased tolerance to foods and restored my water tolerance

- it is important to take probiotics with it since the system alkalization will be more hospitable for bugs

- I found that Saccharomyces boulardii was the perfect match reducing histamine levels, but it oddly can produce flu-like symptoms (I think this will be the right moment to replenish minerals like zinc, copper and manganese by eating nuts and coconut products or multimineral supplementation AND POTASSIUM)

-I also became much more magnesium deficient after going gluten free, since wheat has a huge magnesium content. But it also has huge amounts of vitamin B15, which depletes B12!

Important references I recommend reading are:
http://george-eby-research.com/html/depression-anxiety.html
http://gotmag.org/magnesium-deficiency-101/
free download booklet:
http://gotmag.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/MAG-Booklet-Download.pdf
especially the chapter by pharmacist Suzy Cohen with the Mg-depleting drug list :eek:; the last chapter also talks about increased allergies and intolerances triggered by Mg deficiency.

I hope this helps!

izzy

Last edited:

ahmo

@Mels As I noted in my CE blog, I put K+ and Mg into the water enemas before and after the coffee enemas. I dose this by self-testing.

I'm sulfur intolerant, don't eat any of those nice green things I loved. I use some aminos, but don't think that low thiol (sulfur) will mean you're low aminos. I eat approx palm-sized meat generally twice/day. Beef seems to be the lowest sulfur.

I've found herb Chanca Piedra brilliant to support liver/gb/kidneys. Available at iherb. I started it when gb very painful; pain stopped w/in 24 hrs. Have used it since when severely inflamed liver. works a charm. No longer self-testing for needing it daily. Change/healing happens!:thumbsup:

Johnmac

Hi, has anybody managed to move through mercury detox issues and methylation issues successfully when they have massive suphur issues? I am CBS 360 homo and have amalgam issues too-though they are all out now, as from 1st May this year. My sulphur sensitivity is getting worse, and I am unable to do much to support detox as I react to everything.....my liver is very sensitive. The whole thing has become a vicous circle that is spiralling down hill scarily quickly. I have now become sensitive to water -tap, filtered, bottled. I bought a distiller but the water tastes disgusting and I cannot believe it will do me any good. It also sets my teeth on edge. If I use the optional carbon flter with it I react badly-I read somewhere that most carbob filters are made from products dried with sulphur. I don't know how to break the cycle, but know I need to go right back to sort out my gut. Any suggestions or similar expereinces? It's funny how our goals shift.....I used to think that one day in the futut=re it would be lovely to share the occassional glass of wine with friends and fam.......now all I want to be able to do is to drink water!!!

I had huge thiol reactions when doing fairly stringent Cutler-style chelation: 100mg ALA every 2 hours. In the end a drop of onion juice on my salad would put me in bed with nausea.

Glutamine/glycine 2:1 helped some, but the problem remained, & was derailing my life. I'd lost about a year of life. Then I began the Rich von K protocol, and the symptoms vanished in less than a week. They haven't returned. I was able to raise to 250 or 300mg of ALA every 2 hours, for 13-day rounds, with no ill-effects.

John

@ Gondwanaland Lots for me to read up on, I think I have got my head around some of it -thanks. How did you know you were salicylate sensitive? Are you also sulphur sensitive - I think I read somewhere that CBS++ can lead to salicylate sensitivity?

@ ahmo Thanks. I must try harder with self-testing, I would love to be able to do it. Good point about K and Mg in the enemas.....but won't they just be lost as soon as the water is passed? I have tried Chanca Pedra, but would like to know about its sulphur content. Do you know if it is high sulphur?

My concerm about aminos is that I am following the CBS protocol that says avoid meat because meat contains particular aminos that are a problem with CBS and also because of the ammonia; I am not eating any meat as my taurine is off the scale so I need to really reduce it. I am eating a few almonds, seeds, white beans - but overall very little protein so very few aminos. Are branched chain amino acids any good - am trying to research them. I have to be really careful to avoid methyl donors, it knocks me back months if I don't. Though know I am CBS aware hopewfully that will improve.

@Johnmac Thank you, amazing how foods/ drink( even water in my case!) can cause such extreme reactions. When our bodies are functioning normally we take it all for granted. Daren't try the glutamine as I need to get my GABA in balance, and the glycine is a methyl donor, I think? May look again at Rich protocol, but think for now I will focus on trying hard to reduce sulphur stores. That is fantastic that the protocol made sucha arapid, positive difference to you; I dream.......

A question about footbaths.....do users put anything other than supplements in the water, to aid absorption?Or is it just supps? How would we know if we are getting a good amount from them? And is the point of them to avoid further stress on the liver in sorting through all those white particles we keep bombarding it with? I do worry that taking lots of supps must become counter productive at some point as they need processing - though I do try to buy pure supps without mag stearate etc. I do feel we are damned if we are do and damned if we don't -I guess it's about treading slowly and carefully. Though i feel I have done that for 3 years+ and not got anywhere yet!

Gondwanaland

@ Gondwanaland Lots for me to read up on, I think I have got my head around some of it -thanks. How did you know you were salicylate sensitive? Are you also sulphur sensitive - I think I read somewhere that CBS++ can lead to salicylate sensitivity?

I finally made a connection with salicylate sensitivity when I could not tolerate tooth paste anymore :eek:

I got much worse when I excluded high sulfur foods from my diet :grumpy:

I don't know my SNPs

Here are some clues (Rich van K) linking multiple chemical sensitivities with magnesium depletion (do a search for the word magnesium).

I have tried Chanca Pedra, but would like to know about its sulphur content. Do you know if it is high sulphur?
I am not sure about its sulfur content, but any herb is high salicylate. No tea should be drunk continuously for more than 3 weeks in a row under the risk of loosing the effect and becoming toxic to the liver.

my taurine is off the scale
This could be a clue to low magnesium. Taurine and magnesium work synergistically (George Eby).

I am eating a few almonds, seeds, white beans
I wasn't tolerating almonds and beans at all before reloading my magnesium.

further stress on the liver in sorting through all those white particles we keep bombarding it with? I do worry that taking lots of supps must become counter productive at some point as they need processing
When you have multiple chemical sensitivities it is a sign of liver congestion and gut dysbiosis. Magnesium alleviates the liver (see the Rich van K link above) and your favorite probiotics will haelp with the gut. Just be sure to take Mg and probiotics at least 2 hours apart (see George Eby).

izzy

ahmo

@Mels
I must try harder with self-testing, I would love to be able to do it. Good point about K and Mg in the enemas.....but won't they just be lost as soon as the water is passed? I have tried Chanca Pedra, but would like to know about its sulphur content. Do you know if it is high sulphur?
The K+, mg are absorbed. don't just get flushed out. CP doesn't seem to be high thiol. I've been using it for a couple years. Tho, I also use chlorella, which is high thiol. the only thing I take which is.

I don't know anything re BCAs. You might find some info here: http://www.vitaminstuff.com/amino-acid-valine.html

A question about footbaths.....do users put anything other than supplements in the water, to aid absorption?Or is it just supps? How would we know if we are getting a good amount from them?
I just put the supps I want into FB. Also, usually, Bicarb. I do everything by self-testing. AFAIK I'm not taking any more by FB than I would orally. Altho I would find it unpleasant to take this dose of K+ dissolved in water orally. I've never considered it a way as bypassing liver, but rather as bypassing gut.

I wish, wish, wish I could get by w/o mag stearate. I've given up trying. My understanding, pretty sure via Dietrich Klinghardt, is that it aids in creating biofilm, as it's a slippery substance, which is why supp makers like them, to stop clumping. I go thru periods of using biofilm busting oils along w/ coffee enemas to help break it up, discharge bacteria. I mix lemongrass, clove, oregano. tea tree oils w/ 3x amount eucalypt oil. Eucalypt is my addition, seems a good carrier, enhances the action.

Johnmac

@Johnmac Thank you, amazing how foods/ drink( even water in my case!) can cause such extreme reactions. When our bodies are functioning normally we take it all for granted. Daren't try the glutamine as I need to get my GABA in balance, and the glycine is a methyl donor, I think? May look again at Rich protocol, but think for now I will focus on trying hard to reduce sulphur stores. That is fantastic that the protocol made sucha arapid, positive difference to you; I dream.......

I should have made it clear that I wasn't especially pushing for the Rich protocol. (I'm presently on the Freddd protocol, which is having very good effects.) Just that there was obviously something in the Rich protocol that worked to end my sulphur problem. As the Rich protocol doesn't include methyl B12, that thing is likely to have been methylfolate IMO.

Gondwanaland

I have now become sensitive to water -tap, filtered, bottled.
Fluoride... can you get fluoride-free water where you live? The only unfluoridated water around here is imported from Europe, and I can't afford it.

izzy

knackers323

@ahmo Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried coffee enemas, and I do think they make a lot of detox sense. However, I find that they make me low on potassium......has that ever happened to you? I would love to be able to do them regularly, as I feel that it is one of the few ways I can shift anything.

I also have a Far infrared sauna - though daren't use that too much because of potassium worries. Plus, I am not able to drink much at the moment because of the water sensitivity - so can't rehydrate as much as I need to.. I am trying to increase potassium by drinking coconut water and taking potassium citrate and potassium gluconate.

I will look into the GAPS diet. Am currently on low protein to try to reduce sulphur.....but surely I will eventually become deficient in amino acids? I feel that we do one thing for one issue but inadvertently set up other issues. Is that your experience, too? Plus, if we don't eat brocolli and garlic we are missing out on some foods that are good for us in lots of other ways. Help!

I am sure my bile production is poor - I have pale stools and greener rather than yellow urine -so my liver is sluggish. I would like to try Chinese bitters to get the bile flowing - any thoughts/ ideas anybody? I think if I could get my liver going things would definitely start to improve. I do castor oil packs from time to time - maybe I will do them daily again. It's all about breaking the cycle of no detox.

Has anybody tried the Life Wave glutathione patches......I have, but haven't noticed anything a week in.

Mels

Hi Mels have you noticed anything from the glutathione patches yet?

@knackers323 Hi, I will try again starting tomorrow - wore them for a few weeks and had occassionl days of not feeling quite as bad; have been really rough lately with pancreas and liver pain so trying to get over that. Have you ever used them? I love the idea of them and it would ne great if they did work.....good luck.
Mels

knackers323

No I haven't tried them but I have just heard that lozenges are available.
Do you know if these would work?