• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Suddenly feeling worse

I'm suddenly feeling much worse today than even yesterday.

Muscle fatigue, puns needles and vision is going funny.

I don't know how this is going to play out

Would a short run confirm cfs If I become fatigued after? Does the fatigue affect only the muscles you exercise or are all of them affected?

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Would a short run confirm cfs If I become fatigued after? Does the fatigue affect only the muscles you exercise or are all of them affected?

The advice on exercise hasn't changed since the last time you asked:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/do-i-have-cfs-or-me-or-ms.48752/#post-802611

There is no low-risk way of testing for ME with a run. If you have ME it's the worst thing you can do.

Sorry you're feeling anxious, maybe another forum member who knows more about anxiety can help. Maybe re-read the advice from other forum members in your earlier threads? Including this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/do-i-have-cfs-or-me-or-ms.48752/page-2#post-802818

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again
I'm suddenly feeling much worse today than even yesterday.

Muscle fatigue, puns needles and vision is going funny.

We really don't know anything about you. It helps to query your symptoms on line - in a group. That way you can start to get an idea what might be involved.

Also it really helps to keep a journal of what you are doing, eating, drinking any meds/drugs, supplements, dosages, along with your symptoms... That might help you see a pattern when you check back through it.

Look up medications online like at drugs.com to see what side effects there are, and what other drugs, supplements, food might cause a bad interaction. Check out the site: www.drugs.com

Realize that if you are feeling ill your body is handling a problem. Running could put a big burden on your body and your body then might not have the resources to handle this problem. Have you been exercising too much? Are you low on electrolytes?

You might try going to a different location, like outside to see if fresh air makes you feel better if you think something at your location like mold or chemical fumes are affecting you.

Make notes about how long this has been going on and try to identify anything that seems to trigger or worsen symptoms.

Have you had an exam by a doctor? They could run some tests to help identify the problem. Extreme weakness and vision changes sounds pretty serious and I'd strongly advise you get some medical testing and review.

Certain nutrient deficiencies can cause symptoms like that. How is your diet? Know that drugs and disease can deplete you of essential nutrients with very serious effects.

The advice on exercise hasn't changed since the last time you asked:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/do-i-have-cfs-or-me-or-ms.48752/#post-802611

There is no low-risk way of testing for ME with a run. If you have ME it's the worst thing you can do.

Sorry you're feeling anxious, maybe another forum member who knows more about anxiety can help. Maybe re-read the advice from other forum members in your earlier threads? Including this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/do-i-have-cfs-or-me-or-ms.48752/page-2#post-802818

I'm feeling anxious because I don't know what's happening to me and I don't like the idea of living with permanent pins and needles and probably worse symptoms in the future.

My symptoms do not seem to fit either with cfs or MS. I generally feel better after sleep. Also I would say I've suffered a general sense of fatigue for years and I would put it down to depression.

But I have muscle Aches and pins and needles too. Depression cannot explain that. Obviously there's something seriously wrong.

What angers me is people who casually suggest that it's all just psychological.
Its arrogant to think anything that cant be diagnosed by standard medical tests is psychological.

Last edited:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
I hope you don't think I was suggesting a psychological cause - I'm just sorry it's making you so anxious. So have you been to a doctor, told them about your muscle aches and pins and needles, and had them test for everything it might be? If you have, and they haven't found a cause, then it's time to start googling and being your own doctor.

From your description of your symptoms here:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/do-i-have-cfs-or-me-or-ms.48752/#post-802426

It isn't nearly enough for a diagnosis of ME. Here's a list of what you need for ME:

http://me-pedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Consensus_Criteria

A hallmark symptom is post exertional malaise, which isn't just muscle fatigue, but a feeling of complete exhaustion that comes on 24-48 hours after exertion. Like someone pulls the plug out and standing up and walking across the room feels like running a marathon.

it's time to start googling and being your own doctor.
Gp warned me not to do that.

Like someone pulls the plug out and standing up and walking across the room feels like running a marathon

But I'm in the early stages of my illness, whatever it is, so would all these symptoms happen,immediately or could it take months or years to fully develop?

Dechi

Gp warned me not to do that.

But I'm in the early stages of my illness, whatever it is, so would all these symptoms happen,immediately or could it take months or years to fully develop?

PEM happens right away, as soon as you are ill and over the acute phase, if we're talking about a sudden onset after a viral infection.