• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Success story...

@Sita505 hello sita. It is liquid simply because it melted during shipping, no worries on that. Just throw it in the fridge and check on it every 20 minutes to see it resolidify. You do not want it too hard that you can scoop it out. The scooper should have come in the bubble wrap. Its hard to find sometimes. If they didn't, purely their mistake and I'm sure you can get something that calibrates 1 ml. If not I have extra scoopers I could ship you

@Sita505 also even if it is melted, it works all the same . If you have a dropper laying around you can calibrate 1 ml into the dropper and it works all the same. Green mountain extracts their cbd using coconut oil. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature and melts above 75-76 degrees.

Just throw it in the fridge and check on it every 20 minutes to see it resolidify. You do not want it too hard that you can scoop it out. The scooper should have come in the bubble wrap.
I missed the scoop if it was there and tossed the package. Refrigerated and then it was too hard, left it out overnight and then it was liquid again. Back in fridge, now out, thawing...maybe I can use a measuring spoon?
I am having a time with this product!
Sita

@Sita505 You mentioned you live in New Mexico? I bet it is hot out there! Dont fret about the product being solid if it is too difficult. It can be liquid and it will work all the same. I googled and it says 1/4 teaspoon is around 1 ml...idk if you can measure 1/4 teaspoon seems a bit hard. Do you have a dropper laying around anywhere? If not, I would eyeball it.

. It can be liquid and it will work all the same. I googled and it says 1/4 teaspoon is around 1 ml...idk
I can use 1/4 tsp I just don’t know how to keep it in my mouth for 10 minutes in liquid form.. NM is hot, but the salve is inside and we do have air conditioning!. Thanks for responding!!

Wolfcub

I have heard that CBD helps many people. But it is the case that what helps one person with a certain set of needs may not help another with an entirely different profile.

But we can feel so rotten, it's worth giving something a try I guess, and being on watch very carefully for any improvements or side effects etc.

I respect it as a valid medicine. It is indeed.

But I am scared of trying it. That's because a couple of times I tried Cannabis about 30 years ago, it had THE most horrible effect on me. I felt very ill for hours and hours. I tried it a second time and had the same awful reaction.

I would certainly use CBD topically. I have heard it can have wonderful curing powers for some skin cancers and is zero invasive!

@Wolfcub it's very easy to make your own cbd cream. It's been a godsend for my back pain as well as random shoulder and neck stiffness, as well as essential oils. If you mix some cbd into a carrier oil tamanu oil, it can be helpful for things s such as burns, cuts, bruises, stretch marks, acne, eczema, sciatica, rheumatism, etc

It's been a godsend for my back pain

Hi Pinetree
I don’t have a diagnosis, am awaiting results from my NutraEval, I have many, many of the symptoms of CFS. I have recently gotten terrible low back pain. I haven’t seen this listed as part of CFS, I don’t think. Is low back pain part of CFS?
Thanks, Sita

Dan_USAAZ

I missed the scoop if it was there and tossed the package. Refrigerated and then it was too hard, left it out overnight and then it was liquid again. Back in fridge, now out, thawing...maybe I can use a measuring spoon?
I am having a time with this product!
Sita
I have a recommendation that may help keep your CBD oil solid but soft. I use this approach in the summer months for my coconut oil. Most homes in the southwest with AC will have a small closet that houses the AC air handler. In my house, the air handler closet is in the kitchen. This closet runs about 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. It is the perfect temperature to keep the oil solid but soft. I store the oil in this closet for about 4 months out of the year.

It is possible that your air handler is in the attic, which would make this approach impossible.

caledonia

Hi, I haven't read the whole thread, but I just wanted to caution people who are on medications where grapefruit is contraindicated. CBD is somehow very similar to grapefruit, so it would also be contraindicated.

I had some CBD to try, and couldn't because of this.

I have a recommendation that may help keep your CBD oil solid but soft. I use this approach in the summer months for my coconut oil. Most homes in the southwest with AC will have a small closet that houses the AC air handler. In my house, the air handler closet is in the kitchen. This closet runs about 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. It is the perfect temperature to keep the oil solid but soft. I store the oil in this closet for about 4 months out of the year.

It is possible that your air handler is in the attic, which would make this approach impossible.
Thanks so much for your helpfulness!