• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sublingual B12 dissolving too fast?

ahmo

@PeterPositive I no longer eat too many veggies. simple. I documented my discovery and symptoms, progress on the High Methylfolate users thread, from May. in short, adrenal stress, w/ continuing folate deficiency sx.

@Leon Indeed remarkably strong. As I note above, you can see the whole drama of it in the High Methylfolate thread. My SNPs are in my signature. I have SNPtips in my Firefox browser, and it lights up all but 3 of the rs numbers in your sig. ie, I share all of those; exclusions: the first DAO; MTHFS; PEMT.

Johnmac

@Leon Fred's not been posting since July, was planning to be away. I, too, ran into the veg.folinic problem. Earlier, all my attempts to use folinic acid supps proved useless. Then I went onto Freddd's Protocol and began improving. Eventually I'd raised my Mfolate to 25mg, MB12 to 30mg. At this point I began having adrenal stress. After some research, I stopped my cooked veg (2 small zucchini, peeled/day). This pushed my concurrent detox protocol into high gear. Why???Suddenly methylation was ramped up.

It became clear that veg folinic was blocking the folate I was taking and my cycle. I reduced my Mfolate from 25mg to 15mg, and B12 from 30 mg to 20mg, which I maintain. I now eat about 6 leaves lettuce/day in my juice. My body can't deal w/ veg folinic.:(

@ahmo , yesterday I doubled my metafolin dose to 800 mcg x four times p day (+ the other DQs). I also started taking them by diffusion (under lip) instead of swallowing. I noticed strong effects - awake all night last night, tired all day today despite a big sleep-in. So presumably that means the dose is doing something useful, or will once the start-up effects die down, yes?

I also eat a ton of green leafy (cooked & in a daily juice). I don't appear to have ever had bad effects from the green leafy, but might leaving them out help in some way?

Thanks!

John

@Johnmac: it sounds to me as if you might be over-methylating at this stage in your recovery. Doubling the dose in one day is rather extreme. It's not supposed to be too uncomfortable.

You only need to reconsider eating veggies if (a) you have SNPs that indicate you may struggle with high folinic acid and/or (b) you find that eating them increases your need for mfolate.

Leon

ahmo

@Johnmac You might try a 1mg B12 if you find you're having excitatory symptoms. Others use niacin to dampen the reactions. For me, the B12 has always worked, almost instantly. I've been restless, put one in my gum, and gone to sleep. As Leon says, only need to consider veggies if you find a reason. Alternatively, try reducing them and see if anything happens.;)

Johnmac

Thanks @Leon and @ahmo .

I didn't realise doubling was extreme. (I've found it hard to find concise and unambiguous information on the protocol.) But now I've done it I shall stick with it unless symptoms become insufferable. There were some palpitations initially, but presently sfx only amount to work-aversion and over-sleeping a couple of hours. Which I can live with.

Thanks for the vege info. I don't know whether my SNPs indicate I may have a folinic problem. Where might I look that up?

ahmo

@Johnmac, you can see my SNPs at end of my post. I think it's linked to MTHFR. Fred has the problem, that's how I was aware of it. Don't know his SNPs. I'm pretty sure Ben Lynch refers to it. Do a search on his site mthfr.net