• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sublingual B-right?

Hi everyone;

I am trying to get a low dose of B vitamins including a little methyB12 to go along with the methylfolate and AdB12 I am taking. But too much methylB12 gives me anxiety.

So, I have been trying to open up a Jarrow B-Right capsule and put a little sprinkle under my tongue in the morning. Of course, it doesn't taste great, but I can manage that.

I am wondering if any of those vitamins can do any harm to me by putting them under my tongue?

Thanks!!

No, they generally absorb a lot better sublingually. The fillers do interfere with sublingual absorption a surprisingly large degree (my experience with mb12 and quatrefolic, with trials comparing cellulose to tiny amounts of glycine or magnesium lactate as filler).