• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Subcutaneous potassium injections?

NilaJones

Has anyone tried this? Is it a practical solution? Or dangerous?

Each time I try methylation, I have to quit after a day or 2 because of overwhelming symptoms that are improved with additional potassium. But I can't seem to get enough potassium absorbed orally -- whether in food or dissolved tablets, it irritates my gut and just comes out the other end.

There is also a limit to how much food I can eat; I eat only stuff high in potassium (e.g. carrot juice, coconut water) but it does not seem to be enough.

I've tried a google forum search on the topic, but didn't find anything, though I imagine this must have been discussed before now!

Kati

Patient in training
This is what they inject death row convicts with. Potassium. Also, potassium burns when injected inthe veins (always diluted with lots of fluid) I cannot imagine what it would be like injected in the tissus, beside the fact, like I mentioned, that it can be deadly.