• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stylishly POTSY

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Having CFS and now P.O.T.S. is so hard. I keep upbeat by having things that make me happy. I have lots of nice socks and slippers, but this is my favorite pair. My toes are cold a lot.

Also, I keep my phone and phone numbers as well as my blood pressure machine in this Vera Bradley bag. Easy to carry when I walk. I feel better knowing I have a phone with me when I am alone.

I have talked about wearing maxi's since they feel like pj's. But I look better and feel better. Just resting all day, I like to have cheery things around me. I already showed my new new chair. It helps me too. I am always thinking of better things to help me heal. Supplements, chairs, wchair, whatever it takes. I work very hard at getting better! I read about my supplements for hours also.

verabradley.jpg

bunny.jpg

BEG

Love the bag! And, well, the slippers, what can I say? They are not to be missed. We need to get serenity to check this out. She's the fashionista of the PR forums although I can see, Sallysbloom, you're going to be a very close second.

BEG

Sallysblooms

Ha! I think it is very important to have fun and pretty things I love around me. Hubby works all day and I try to stay as positive as possible.

I am a perfectionist. I love my home and garden to be just the way I want it. It feels good to have things in place and pretty, I feel relaxed that way. I have to have people clean and do the garden now. I plan to take over again when I am well. My doctor told me to wait a long time for all of that work. Hubby does all of the wash and cooking as well as his work.

Is anyone else like that? I don't like chaos.

serenity

thanks for the shout out Brown Eyed ;)
yes i agree Sassy it is so important to have things you love around you! i dunno what i would do without fashion, it is my favorite hobby & i love it - nothing brings me more joy except of course my pets & hubby :)
oh & yes i agree i cant' stand a bunch of clutter. i do my best tho with 8 pets it can be more chaotic around here than i would like - but i feel much better when things are in order.

hey this seems like a good place to fess up to something i've been meaning to discuss - sorry Sassy not to take over your thread but this relates... the other day i got my face lasered! haha! can you believe it? i can't believe i was so vain that i was willing to do something on purpose that causes pain. but i did. i'm 42, my friends all do that kind of stuff - & i am not ready to be out of the fashion race. so, i got lasers. it worked too, i have freckles & that is one reason i did it but really it was to get rid of red spots & boy did it! veins around the nose & redness between my eyes from past zits ... all gone! poof!

anyway, i do like your bag Sassy. & the slippers, well - they're cute. :) just never wear them outside the house! ha! ;)
ya'll dont' even want me to learn to put up pics. you should see the pink pearl ruffled with a bow high high heels i got last weekend - even tho i can't wear them! how silly is that?

i have a friend hemming my fave Maxi dress for me right now :)
haaha, see - if ya'll wanna get me talking just talk about fashion!!! ;)

Sallysblooms

My name is Sally, ha. Not Sassy. I am too tired to be Sassy right now! hehe.

OK, I won't wear the slipper's out. I have a love of shoes, so that is not a problem!

I am scared of the laser but MANY people get it so that is great!!!

Well, we can talk about fashion and fun stuff here!

Sick talk is no fun all of the time!

I just got an appt. for a message for tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT. I have been too ill to get one. I think I can now. Do you all do this? TWO doctors have said my neck is so stiff. I will let you know how it goes. It is at a gorgeous spa. Hubby will take me.

serenity

haha! sorry Sally - i swear i've read "Sassy" when i saw your name for as long as i've been on the forum now! haha! is that brain fog? ;)
it was wild, the laser, it does hurt. & i was extremely tired for a bout 24 hours after cuz you sit there with your muscles all tensed up for the whole time you are doing it. at first i was thinkin "what did i do?" but now i'm thinking "what else can i do?!" haha!
i have had a massage before, it was not good for me. dont' want to rain on your parade, it sounds fun, but be sure to tell the therapist you have an illness & ask them to go slow. i was very flu like sick for days after. my current therapist knows all about fibro, heck she basically diagnosed me, & she's great at going very slow. i only get body wraps now. they say you have to drink lots of water to flush toxins after it.

Sallysblooms

I have had a lot of massages so I think it will be fine. First one here in our new city. I MISS my other guy. He was amazing. SO knowledgable! Advanced training. Quite something. He knew exactly what he was doing. Well, I only got 1/2 hour this time to see what she is like. My muscles really need it and I need the circulation for sure. I am going to get Reflexology done soon. GOSH, that is amazing.

Hubby came home, he is making dinner. I just took my bath, curled my hair, opened a new package that came in the mail with a dress and new blouse... ha. Really tired me out so I am back in my chair.:victory:

serenity

oh ok glad to hear you have had massages before :)
ha, your nights sound a lot like mine! shower, hubby comes home, brings dinner or i cook, & there is almost always a new package to open! :)
i've been trying to be good on the clothes buyin cuz i just did the lasers & cuz i have too many clothes already. that's the problem, i can buy em faster than i can go out & wear them! ha! ;)

Sallysblooms

I wish I could still cook! I wait until he gets home to bathe. I don't feel comfortable enough to do it when no one is here. POTS makes is hard.

serenity

i'm sorry, i sort of understand because i went thru 3 weeks of dizziness. showering was the worst part of my day at that time. it was awful.
i don't cook well, but yes i'm lucky i can still do it at all. on the days when i can't, we order out :)

Sallysblooms

Well, We did get to go out to do a few errands and eat lunch. I had to cancel my massage though! I am so SO TIRED today. I rescheduled. Napped for a long time today, but not feeling good at all. Oh well.

Hubby just made a wonderful corn soup with pablano peppers and cheese.

*GG*

I have had a lot of massages so I think it will be fine. First one here in our new city. I MISS my other guy. He was amazing. SO knowledgable! Advanced training. Quite something. He knew exactly what he was doing. Well, I only got 1/2 hour this time to see what she is like. My muscles really need it and I need the circulation for sure. I am going to get Reflexology done soon. GOSH, that is amazing.

Hubby came home, he is making dinner. I just took my bath, curled my hair, opened a new package that came in the mail with a dress and new blouse... ha. Really tired me out so I am back in my chair.:victory:

Have you heard of Myofascial Release? It is like a massage but more in tune to releases, especially if you have Fibro!

Need to get off this thread, to much girl talk!

Sallysblooms

Is it for the face and head? I had an AMAZING massage guy that worked on my face and head as well as the rest. WOW, it was amazing. I miss him, he is in the city we moved from.

Here is another picture. My hubby bought me the car I wanted in 2009, brand new Beetle. Her name is Bluebonnet. I drove her for a few MONTHS. My CFS was doing well... BUT, then the Disautonomia came. SAD. He drives her with me in her now, but my wheelchair doesn't fit. We take her driving and to eat out, but trips where I have to walk a lot need my w. chair. We take our SUV.

Poor baby sits in our garage a lot. I LOVE HER and she makes me SMILE! One day I will drive her again.

Yes, a fun girly thread!

PICT0144650.jpg

serenity

not just for girls! my husband has one too! haha!
i drive a Mini. the Bug & the Mini look really cute together. :)
both silver like yours!
i do hope you get to drive it again someday but for now glad it makes you smile.

Sallysblooms

No, the car isn't girly, the thread is. I know guys love the Beetle. Mini's are so pretty. My car is Blue, looks a bit silver.

This is the last year they are making the Beetle! Awful.

serenity

yeh i did hear that about the Bug, too bad. i'm not really a car girl, but my husband is upset. he loves his.

Sallysblooms

Tell your hubby to go to newbeetle.org! Really a fun place, all about the Beetle. I'm not a car girl, but I DO love Beetles. I count them when I see them every day. They make me smile! Funny, my two fav. cars are the Chevy Suburban and the Beetle. LARGE and small. We had Suburban's for years. Then hubby wanted a Lincoln SUV. Smaller, but still great for space.

BEG

i have too many clothes already. that's the problem, i can buy em faster than i can go out & wear them! ha! ;)

serenity, that does seem to be my problem as well. Every season I go through my clothes, try everything on, start coordinating outfits and fill in the gaps with new online purchases. Then I'm lucky if I wear them once during the season.

Sally, love your car. What fun!

Speaking of massages, when I was still well enough to travel, my husband and I took a cruise for our anniversary. One of his gifts to me was a full body massage which took place on our cabin's deck. Our cabin was midway to the top, on the back of the ship, so you can imagine how spectacular it was.

I had a day pass at a gorgeous spa once. I'd never been to one before. We were staying at the hotel, and the only thing I had to pack my belongings in was a gym bag. So, dressed in my shorts, T-shirt, and tennis shoes, I walk in with the gorgeous women dressed to the nth degree. After awhile, I realize I'm the only one talking in the locker room, er changing area. Everyone was so quiet, everywhere. I dressed in my bathing suit so I could enjoy the mineral pool and the jacuzzi at the top overlooking the mountains and the other water areas. The spa consisted of different cavernous rooms with special light treatment. Soft music played and the scent was wonderful. The spa treatments were way overpriced, so I enjoyed the time near the fireplace with magazines and cucumber water. Cucumber water! My sandwich in the healthfood luncheon area was delicious. So cool to eat lunch in a white robe and slippers surrounded by women talking about their next treatment. It was a special experience, but I found out I'm a gym girl at heart -- or used to be.

Sally, just reminiscing, back to you . . . .

serenity

only cars i ever cared much about were classic Mustang or Mercedes. Mercedes still top my list cuz they are so comfortable to drive, dont' jar my neck around like most cars.
Brown Eyed your spa day sounds fabulous. i'm so not a gym girl, haaha! i work out at home :) i'm a spa girl for sure :) (i talk when i'm there tho)
yeh for sure i buy more than i can wear & i do usually only wear things once, unless i really like them.

Sallysblooms

Brown eyed girl, that sounds wonderful.

I too buy too much, don't tell hubby. ha. I LOVE to order online. He sees my packages as they come in. He is so sweet.. Takes me to Chico nearby and pushes me in the chair. He gets things down for me to see better.

I am really happy today. I was able to sleep well, get all dressed up and go to church! FINALLY. Hubby pushed me in the w. chair. It was a bit much for my senses. I am used to being in a quiet house, but it was great. Then we ate at a Meditereanian restaurant. VERY quiet, wonderful. I had cabbage leaves stuffed with lamb, herbs, rice. Also, a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese. ALSO, a green salad. SO healthful.

Then I went right to bed for a nap. Good day.