• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stupid question .........

Freddd

it was patches not the actual amino acid - the patches are to use your own body chemicals to make glutathione

http://www.lifewave.com/yage-glutathione.asp

I will look at my notes for that time - found the right notebook - and see what I can figure out that changed.

the next time I detected it was trying SAMe I think a month later - I will go back through all those notes tomorrow probably and see if I can see any patterns

the taste is pretty strong right now after the 1/4 MB12

Hi Kelly,

Others in the N=10 trial we all did together and all got approximately the same results, were IV glutathione, un-denatured whey, or NAC plus l-glutamine whether as separates or a commercial combination product. For many NAC all by itself does the trick. In reading their site I can't find a single things that specifies what is in the patch. Plenty of things get absorbed through the skin.

What happens to the taste if you take 10 MeCbl tablets and say 4mg of methylfolate? I see a lot happen that is an artifact of insufficient doses of one or both? With small doses these artifacts can keep happening for months and even years. Paradoxical folate deficiency never goes away until sufficiency is reached on all the levels and then can come back with a missed dose.

I know somebody who had severe neurological damage from homeopathic doses of a snake venom that causes neurological damage.

I might have more info on the patches off someone's FB page - I can look for that tomorrow too.

In looking at the notes I see first day - 1 hr in = extreme fatigue, mouth worse (metallic or burning I assume), hyper in 3 hrs, draining in left above tonsil area (related probably to this left eye pain - not sure exactly) this is an area from Eustachian tube down to back of mouth - I get drainage there often and the "stones" come down from the same area

strong smells I tagged at "copper" - they were there with copper dumping this summer - mouth metallic - liver starting to ache - stomach upset - toxic fumes (that wasn't unusual)

next day more detox - shaking - back pain - hot sweaty - these smells appear to be there third day - tinnitus -

and I see a mention of this electrical vibration in the legs on day 3 and really don't know if that was the first incidence or not - would need to look more

also seeing perfumy smells but that might not have been unusual and ears clogged

as far as taking 4000 mcg MF and 10 mg MB12 ----------- ARGH - can't dream of even getting close to that for a few days - got too many other things to do at least until Monday am that I need to stay semicoherent for

the days I took 1200 mcg MF I was getting more problems with detoxing during the night - nights are full of hot sweats and sometimes shaking - again would have to look at notes for those days

Freddd

as far as taking 4000 mcg MF and 10 mg MB12 ----------- ARGH - can't dream of even getting close to that for a few days - got too many other things to do at least until Monday am that I need to stay semicoherent for

the days I took 1200 mcg MF I was getting more problems with detoxing during the night - nights are full of hot sweats and sometimes shaking - again would have to look at notes for those days

Hi Kelly,

MeCbl does not have a linear dose related affect. It appears that about 80% of the response happens with the first 100mcg or so absorbed being sufficient to activate all layers except neurological damage. Methylfolate appears to be either sufficient or insufficient by layer. You might be pleasantly surprised. The effect would only last a day or so, whatever it is.

"Detoxing" often comes down to paradoxical folate deficiency and/or low potassium. Paradoxical folate deficiency can start having symptoms in hours whereas low potassium usually takes a few days. The results of a larger dose can't be extrapolated from a too low dose. More methylfolate can start more healing and at the same time take more methylfolate away from other levels making for worse deficiency effects. That is one reason it is paradoxical.