• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange taste in mouth, nausea, bloating

YippeeKi YOW !!

BTW in my personal experience, foods high in Molybdenum tend to create a deficit in vitamin B6.

@Gondwanaland

Hi G ... That would be a problem right now. I'm so reactive to all the B vits, and apparently particularly B-6, P-5-P, B-12, and folate that I doubt that I have much of any in my system, so less would not, in this case, be more :(.

Damn damn damn!!! Why is it always like this? Something shows promise of helping you in one specific area, then when you look deeper (or get a kindly heads-up :gift:), you discover that, yeah, it'll help you here, but it'll really kill 'ya there.

In a different post, I described the effect as "....yeah, those dietary changes you made really helped you there, but just for fun (merry little elves that we are :_:smug:), :snigger: we're going to take away this over here ..... have a nice day .... mwaaaahaaahaaa haaaheeeeEEEEEEEeee." :bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

It was better the first time, not sure how to find it now.

I thought that previous reactions to moly were due to effects on copper, never considered B-6. But I was bailing the boat so furiously at that point to stop the pain that I didn't stop to consider, just ploughed forward, trying to stem the damage :confused:.

Thanks for the warning, G !!! :thumbsup:

YippeeKi YOW !!

BTW in my personal experience, foods high in Molybdenum tend to create a deficit in vitamin B6.

@Gondwanaland

Hi G ..... Wrote you warm thank you for above info along with brief background on my experience with B6, and it's just disappeared. I was tired when I wrote it, but I swear I hit Post Reply, and yet, it's nowhere to be found.

Too beat to try to reconstruct it right now, will give it a shot later today.

In the meantime, abbreviated thanks!!! :hug:

P.S. As soon as I posted this, the original post I refer here magically appeared. There are times when I just effing HAAAAATE computers and their mysterious, wily ways :cautious:, but glad this is back up, I don't think I could ever have recreated it.

Gondwanaland

reactions to moly were due to effects on copper,
Well, that too. I felt effects on copper from a Moly supplement, and it was unbearable.

Moly from food always comes with enough copper, but I personally have poor B6 metabolism, and hadn't been tolerating B6 supps for a while, but Moly foods changed that.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Moly from food always comes with enough copper, but I personally have poor B6 metabolism, and hadn't been tolerating B6 supps for a while, but Moly foods changed that.
@Gondwanaland
Like you, I don't tolerate B-6 in any form :eek:..... and my range of tolerable foods is so limited that it's embarrassing :redface:. Will search up some moly-rich foods and see what I can come up with, toleration-wise.

Thanks, as always, for input, G :):thumbsup:.

wonderoushope

@Hopeful1976 Hi I was perusing old threads and came across this thread and thought I would chime in.

I get these symptoms and it usually is from GERD/reflux. I have silent reflux, so very rarely do I actually get reflux, instead it shows up with a bad bitter taste in my mouth. Sometimes it is triggered by yoghurt or feta cheese for me. I don't eat these anymore, but noticed it would come about with those items. I also had reoccurring gastritis which probably added to it. I would get nausea and queasy feeling.