• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stool test confirmed candida,now what?

Hi Steve,
I just wanted to touch base and let you know I have the same digestive symtpoms - the extreme burping is something you don't hear mentioned too often in the CFS circles.
I have not been able to get rid of mine yet with direct measures (low carb diet, natural antifungals). I've yet to try some of the prescription antifungals.
Like another poster said SIBO is another possibility. I tested negative but I'm still not convinced I don't have it.
Anyway, I'd really like to talk to you more about possibilities of what could be causing this.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. is there something you have both been exposed to ? Like mold in the home ? Or a virus perhaps ?

GP

Hi GP!

I don't come across too much people sharing the same problems as I do so this makes me feel a bit better that we can put our heads together and figure out something to help alleviate this state.

I do think this is a combination of chronic systemic yeast infection,mitochondrial dysfunction and methylation problems.

Yes,I've been growing up in a house that had moldy rooms.

Lou

In addition to the commonly-recommended antifungal herbs and medications, you should look into Lufenuron. It's a very interesting, very safe systemic antifungal medication that's primarily used for animals.

2 sites that sell it:

http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/

http://candidacellwallsuppressor.org

Personally, I think people get too hung up on the "anti-candida diet." What's more important is eating the diet that best provides energy for your body so your immune system and endocrine system are running optimally. I've heard of people eating nothing but green veggies and coconut oil for months at a time, trying to control candida...

HI,

This Lufenuron seems almost too good to be true. Just wondered if you or anyone you knew had tried it. The anecdotal stories, while interesting, reassuring, prove nothing.

Having said that, think I'm going to order some, perhaps be the forum guinea pig. Will report what comes of it.

Hi Philip!

Wow! That's amazing information! Thank you so much for explaining this in a language I can understand with my poorly functioning brain! Never took Iodoral before. I'm going to check for an iodine test I can order but I'm on low budget at the moment.
So you are sensitive to chlorine too? I haven't looked into my introduction for a while and not sure if I mentioned this but in my puberty and early teens I was very athletic and attending to a school specialized in PE,taken to various athletic events etc. and were in top of everything but we had swimming classes and I was underperforming everytime and have been put in one group with girls because of my sluggish swimming performance,I got out of breathe very quickly and my muscles were hurting really bad.
I had no clue back then what was wrong with me but now I know it was the chlorinated water.Since a month I have a chlorine filter and my stomach doesn't hurt anymore and I can think a bit better.Overall I'm feeling 5-10% better mentally.

I'm afraid to take the methylation supplements yet.Tyrosine triggered panic attacks in me so I try to stay away from it.
It might have been accident but I'm really scared when it comes to trying out new supplements.

How do the methyl B-s make you feel?
Thank you for the invaluable information and good wishes!

Hi again,

to be honest I have had chronic urticaria intensely from age 16 to age 22, exacerbated by exposure to chlorinated water like in swimming pools. The eruptions were so painful at times my whole skin was burning and itching severely. Due to this I avoided all swimming pools like the plague for five years. The period where I drank a lot of green tea was also bad in terms of severity of the skin eruptions. I never connected the dots then, and since I chose to not follow advice from clueless dermatologists (giving strong steriods as "band-aid"), I silently fought on in my quest to find the etiology of my symptoms, while the hives remained a mystery for quite a few years. Inability to break down histamine and faulty methylation also plays a part here I think.

Given my methylation SNP, I can easily understand that I have a "detox bottleneck", but it will not necessarily explain why the hives would get more severe in direct exposure to halogens. I have lately gotten into Iodine supplementation and strangely enough, after weeks of Orthoiodosupplementation (with companion nutrients, as described in compendium), I notice this reeking and strange body odor. This is classic sign of bromide toxicity. So needless to say, IMHO I strongly suspect Halogen imbalance as a part of my "health equation". From "testimonials" online, I get the impression that unloading of halogens could last for a while. The competing halogens will cling to iodine receptors in the thyroid, interfering with iodine uptake.

Another area to explore: If exclusion of chlorine gave you relief and you can't recall being exposed to fluoride, "PST Enzyme" (Phenolsulfotransferase) could also be a culprit. In the DAN (defeat autism now) community, many parents report that their autistic children get red ears and rashes after swimming. Not sure whether you actually had this, or just felt tired and fatigued after swimming.

The PST Enzyme is tied to the transsulfuration part, since it needs sulfate to function correctly. So this also point towards faulty methylation :). This link provides a "case study":

http://healingautismandadhd.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/swimming-brings-him-to-tears/ (I am not sure if the symotoms mentioned describe what you have experienced though..)

Given your profile (COMT ++) you should be careful with methyl donors, so I understand your conservative supplementing strategy. However it could be beneficial to include a well rounded b complex to see if that could relieve you from the fatigue (by giving your starved mitochondria some fuel :) ). http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-B-Complex-12-60-Veggie-Caps/18126 has equal parts of methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, and has ample amounts of b2 and b3 as well. If you do want to explore Iodine, this supplement would aid absorption of it. I am currently researching a lot here..

Although I feel that methylation should not be kickstarted, and it would be wise to take small prudent steps working out diet and gut/dysbiosis issues before upping the methylfolate and b12, I personally feel a huge relief when I take a co-enzymated B complex (providing methyl- or phosphorylated versions of B's). My mood gets brighter and food cravings disappear for instance. So this is a 'staple', dysbiosis or not ;)

Phil

globalpilot

Hi GP!

I don't come across too much people sharing the same problems as I do so this makes me feel a bit better that we can put our heads together and figure out something to help alleviate this state.

I do think this is a combination of chronic systemic yeast infection,mitochondrial dysfunction and methylation problems.

Yes,I've been growing up in a house that had moldy rooms.

Is it worthwhile to you for me to outline all the things I've tried and tested for over the years ?

I do wonder about that mold - are you still exposed to it daily ?