• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stomach Muscle Twitches and Spasms

Carrigon

This keeps waking me up. I get stomach muscles twitches and spasms, but the spasms will actually just wake me up. Like the fibro sleepjerk thing, but just the stomach muscles. It's awful. And I've gotten the stomach twitches since I first got sick in the 80's, but it's only been the past year that the spasms are waking me up.

The doc has no answers for me, except to take flexeril for it. No doc ever had an answer for this.

I might be getting it more cause I stopped taking magnesium again. Magnesium seems to be the only thing that has ever helped it. But it's so annoying and in my mind, after all these years, I still think it's a parasite no matter what the docs or the tests say. It could be viral, but the original illness started on me with the stomach stuff.

I'm just tired of being woken up because my stomach muscles are spasming away. And I have that no sleep feeling now.

*GG*

I remember doing this when I would fall asleep" it would wake me up, I found it to be rather odd. I thought it was because I was pushing myself to stay awake and watch TV with my GF? But perhaps it is because I added Magnesium tablets to my repertoire?!

judderwocky

This keeps waking me up. I get stomach muscles twitches and spasms, but the spasms will actually just wake me up. Like the fibro sleepjerk thing, but just the stomach muscles. It's awful. And I've gotten the stomach twitches since I first got sick in the 80's, but it's only been the past year that the spasms are waking me up.

The doc has no answers for me, except to take flexeril for it. No doc ever had an answer for this.

I might be getting it more cause I stopped taking magnesium again. Magnesium seems to be the only thing that has ever helped it. But it's so annoying and in my mind, after all these years, I still think it's a parasite no matter what the docs or the tests say. It could be viral, but the original illness started on me with the stomach stuff.

I'm just tired of being woken up because my stomach muscles are spasming away. And I have that no sleep feeling now.

You migh try kefir.... you can make it at home wiht kefir grains... its a live mixture of probiotics... 20-40 strains... you basically just put the grains in milk, and the kefir is a yogurt like substance.... a lot of people with intestinal issues use it ... stuff is pretty awesome for damping my nausea bouts ... it has an "emptying" effect on the stomach... very soothing.... the tryptophan in it also helps you go to sleep .... store bought stuff is half as effective as the stuff you make from grains (IMO) ... maybe less... still even store bought kefir is one of the strongest probiotics ive found personally and i went through a bunch... i definitely feel the more i have gotten my stomach under control, the better my illness has gotten

TCP36

I'm not giving up, despite the setbacks and BS!
I get this every night or when I'm sleeping. My gut muscles all clench up as I wake up suddenly. My heart pounds and I feel sick and dizzy...all related to autonomic dysfunction, sleep cycles and link between gut and brain. I have sleep disorders and I'm just getting checked out for more.

A zombie

i get this every night too... it's in my stomach , in my legs and arms. EVERY night.

A zombie

there's gotta be a reason for us and wtf there are so many of us with this issue yet no one has any answers for us :(
i usally can nap without twitches but today i had them , the only thinkg different, i took potassium and some 5 htp.