• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stomach issues/ nausea?

Pink

@Dallase1 I'm not sure of the levels I have to find the paperwork which im too sick to do now.

Is that arup lab covered by insurance? Where would I get the blood drawn for that and who would order it- my reg dr?

@Wolfcub I have heard of ginger but it tends to burn my throat even in tea.

Dallase1

@Dallase1 I'm not sure of the levels I have to find the paperwork which im too sick to do now.

Is that arup lab covered by insurance? Where would I get the blood drawn for that and who would order it- my reg dr?

Get your doctor to order it. Yes it is covered but you have to have a doctor willing to help you.
Tell me when you say “sick” what do you mean? Like what are your symptoms when you’re sick?

Pink

Well my dr is not ordering more tests right now.
I feel twisting and crawling in my intestines, queasy, breathless, weak, cant digest food, no strength to sit up or walk, shaky (my hands shake badly), dizzy and faint. I vomit or have diarrhea often .
My limbs feel heavy, my body hurts and skin burns. Sometimes I get deeply cold like my insides are cold or just my skin.

Dallase1

Well my dr is not ordering more tests right now.
I feel twisting and crawling in my intestines, queasy, breathless, weak, cant digest food, no strength to sit up or walk, shaky (my hands shake badly), dizzy and faint. I vomit or have diarrhea often .
My limbs feel heavy, my body hurts and skin burns. Sometimes I get deeply cold like my insides are cold or just my skin.
Something is going on. It may just be a bunch of symptoms from one main cause.

Pink

Sure, @Dallase1. I totally agree.
that's y I posted about finding a dr who can put it all together and figure it out.
None of the various drs I've been to have been able to so far.

Wolfcub

Yes it can be a bit hot unless you're used to it. Eating it alongside a spoonful of honey can help. But then again maybe your body just doesn't like it.