• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stomach biopsy for Dr. Chia

Has anyone done this? What was the endoscopy like? Did you suffer a crash? Any tips?

I am scheduled to do this (I do not live near Dr. Chia so this whole process has been quite difficult) and am unsure of where to send the slides. Both the staff and my PCP talked to Dr. Chia, and got different answers. The staff said EVMed, my PCP said Dr. Chia spelled out the clinic's address to her. I'm leaning EVMed being the correct address, rather than sending it to his actual clinic.

Thanks!

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Keep us posted as I sure would like to know the results if you don't mind. Dr. KDM was doing some stomach biopsies, but I don't think they would be looking for the same things.

jstefl

I had this done several years ago. You need to be put out, so you have the risks asociated with anesthesia. Other than that, it was not a problem for me. This was no worse than a colonoscopy.

John

I'm not sure if I'm going under general anesthesia or just a sedative or twilight anesthesia? It seems to vary from doctor to doctor and I don't actually have an appt with the GI prior to the procedure. Hopefully I'll get to talk to someone about it. For those who have had an endoscopy. what were the diff ways they put you out?

Thanks for all the info. I'll def let you all know how it went and the results. It's not happening until next month.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Koivy

I'd ask for a general from the comments of friends who have had them. I watched one friend's and he was only out for about 20 minutes and woke up "happy" and had no side effects. They usually use versed. I have had it for colonoscopies with no problems. It is usually considered "safe" for ME/CFS patients.

Friends who have had endoscopies with just twilight said it was pretty unpleasant.

Sushi