• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Still trying to sort this out

I’m so thankful this site exists. With no one to talk to I feel lost. In year two I haven’t received a diagnosis or attempted pharmaceutical treatment. My only symptom is PEM. This comes in the form of anxiety, CNS going haywire and mild fatigue. I have always been able to get out of bed and move. Slowly of course. I’m really stuck because externally I don’t look sick and don’t have a long list of symptoms. However in year 2 I have not improved just stable in this state. Not sure what to do or who really cares around me. Tried minimal exercise yesterday and I need a Valium today... mind is racing. I did have some blood work that seemed to validate me...ebv and hhv6 with an overactive immune response.

Hip

In year two I haven’t received a diagnosis or attempted pharmaceutical treatment. My only symptom is PEM. This comes in the form of anxiety, CNS going haywire and mild fatigue.

If your only symptom is PEM, then you would not seem to match an ME/CFS diagnosis by the standard ME/CFS definitions. Though clearly minimal exercise does seem to have a negative effect on you.

Normally fatigue is a prerequisite for an ME/CFS diagnosis, and many other symptoms such as brain fog, unrefreshing sleep, etc are often present.

You might like to read these standard ME/CFS definitions, such as the CDC Fukuda criteria for ME/CFS, or the stricter and more precise Canadian consensus criteria (see the 7 boxed criteria on page 2), or the simple IOM criteria.

By the way, for your anxiety, this may be of interest:

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Hip

Quoting from another thread:
I’m eating really clean(no sugar) lately, so between the fat and muscle loss there is not much left.

You might like to look at this list of diseases that involve muscle loss. If you have not got ME/CFS, then you ight have one of the conditions in that list.