• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

State Farm Go To Bat Contest

frenchtulip

The State Farm Go To Bat Contest has just begun. Most of the charities are large like The American Heart Association and Stand Up To Cancer. But there are some smaller ones like ALS and the SADS Foundation. Unfortunately, there are no ME/CFS charities included although I know some of us suggested a few last year. There is a way to suggest your favorite charity this year, too, for future contests. You can go to: www.statefarm.com/gotobat and Start Play where you Sign Up or Log In. Then click on About the Program. At the bottom of the page, you will find Ask Us. There you will find a Charities section where you can send in your favorite charity. If enough of us send in the same charity, perhaps it might appear on the list next year. It is also fun to bat this year for whichever charity you may like.

justinreilly

Thanks frenchtulip. Nominated WPI.

So ppl know- you do have to give your address and phone number.
the "Ask Us" is in teeny tiny type so look closely for it.

frenchtulip

Thank you, Justin! By the fact that there are several smaller health organizations in the competition this year, I think we will have a good shot of getting the WPI in next year if enough of us nominate them. And I'm practicing my "virtual" batting this year so I'll be ready next year.

Aileen

As a Canadian, I unfortunately cannot see the list of charities. How many are there? Are there certain categories the non-profit must fall into?

frenchtulip

As a Canadian, I unfortunately cannot see the list of charities. How many are there? Are there certain categories the non-profit must fall into?

Aileen, I'll check the categories later. I've been pulling weeds and am too hot and exhausted to bat right now. To get into the place I need to be to see the categories, I think I'd need to bat right then or lose my turn today. So I'll post the categories later. I know Health is one of several categories.

And, yes, unfortunately, the contest is for the U.S. (and DC) (excluding NH and NM, I think it is).

Tonight when I batted, I could not find the page that shows the categories and all the nonprofits within each category that are in the running. I believe that is accessible only when you are creating an account and choosing the nonprofit you will be supporting. Since I have already chosen a nonprofit, I am not given the option of seeing the page. But there are 40+ nonprofits and several categories including health and education.