• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Startup? Detox? Confused here

whodathunkit

cman89 said:
The retox is what i'm concerned of. How to avoid?

Drinking a gallon or more of water per day, eating a good clean diet (meat, veggies, fruits, all organic if possible, no starches, limited intake of high-quality fats like coconut or olive oil), using a sauna, and performing sweating cardio are good ways to detox while avoiding retox.

The increased water is crucial, as is some form of sweating. Gotta get those toxins out while they're liberated.

Rebounders/mini-tramps are good for stimulating lymph flow, which helps you detox.

Enemas are good but I'm not fond of them, myself, so they are always a last ditch effort on my part. Haven't really needed one in years.

If you have the $$ you might also consider going to a colonics practitioner. It's fairly inexpensive, and not a bad procedure if you can wrap your mind around the semi-indignity of sticking your butt in a stranger's face and having them poke a speculum into it :thumbsup:. IMO it's actually easier to have someone *give* you an enema than it is to do it yourself. And colonics is more "efficient" than regular enemas, in that you can accomplish in a half hour what it may take 2 hours of self-administered enemas and a lot of mess to accomplish yourself in your own bathtub.

Gondwanaland

It could be a good idea to have activated charcoal and psyllium husks at hand for an emergency. It's is not recommended to take them too often b/c they bind vital minerals out of the body and can cause constipation.

Ahmo blogged about coffee enemas, there is good info there (link in her signature). I haven't tried them yet.