• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting Famvir today!

Sparrowhawk

Very best to you as you embark on this Famvir journey, and do please let us all know how it goes!

Are you taking it with Acyclovir, or did you stop that one at some point?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Very best to you as you embark on this Famvir journey, and do please let us all know how it goes!

Are you taking it with Acyclovir, or did you stop that one at some point?

I stopped my Acyclovir this morning in anticipation of getting my RX today. I'm hoping since I was already on an antiviral I won't have any die-off issues.

As soon as I am at the 250 mgs x2, I'm adding Oxymatrine.

Thanks for the support!

Iquitos

What dosage and timing were you doing acyclovir?

Good luck and please keep us updated on your experience!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Took 250 mgs yesterday and 250 this a.m. Feeling exhausted, a bit nauseated and I have a headache. I'm assuming die off.

I want to split the pills but they aren't scored. I didn't think you should split something if not scored.

Mink

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Not much too tell. I realized yesterday that the back spasms I've been having are from the Famvir. It seems this is a problem with it. So the question for me is, will it go away as it has with others on Valcyte or is this it?

I'm on 125 mgs 2x/day. I will go up another 125 mgs I Friday. I can't tell if it's making any difference. I had a brutal day yesterday so tomorrow will be interesting.

I see the doc who rx'd it December 3rd so I'll tell her about the spasms. She wasn't familiar with Famvir so I'm not sure if she'll say stop. If so I'll ask for Valtrex.

I don't know if I want to be this miserable. Right now my back is like concrete. I got some muscle relaxants today which has done nothing.

So there you go.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
UPDATE: I am stopping the Famvir. Not only was my back in constant spasm but I was also having pains across the front of my ribcage and areas that felt like huge knots.

I did not take any this morning and I fell 100% better.

Next is Valtrex.