• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting early to adjust to upcoming daylight savings clock change

rosie26

That back and forth thing you're describing sounds interesting, although I'm not sure I really understand what you mean by that...
It is hard to describe, someone else might be able to describe better.

eafw

How are you @eafw and everyone.

Hi Rosie, it was going quite well until about the middle of March when I picked up some virus that had been going round (cough/cold thing). Unusual for me to get something, but it knocked my routine out for a few weeks. Took a while to readjust again.

So I was already living on summer time a few days before the actual change. The change went fine this time, hardly felt anything!

Doing it slowly can make a big difference rather than all at once

I'm surprised anyone with this disease can maintain a sleeping rhythm where they would notice much effects from one hour difference in time..

It depends on the person. I find if I don't control my light exposure particularly, my body clock will get completely unsettled - which will make me feel a lot worse. And an hours change is a big deal to those of us who are sensitive to it.