• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

starting cycloferron

undcvr

I think glandular thymus and thymic protein can come out to be about the same thing as long as u take the thymus away from food and on an empty stomach to avoid stomach acids. I dont think the Thymic protein is that expensive. It works out for me to USD$1.30/packet a day. Comparing that to Cycloferon its about the same. I am trying to get a source that can get it dwn to $1 a packet. Btw that and all the other stuff I am taking, I am feelg pretty ok. I also take another supplement called SST (sho-saiko-to) that has been researched to increase interferons. I knw that it has been recommended for Hep C patients when they cannot tolerate Pegasys treatment. The SST is rather pricey but the main ingredient in it that actually induces interferons is Licorice. I have taken the herb on its own, I love it. It is cheap and when it works it makes me feel great.

Do you have an opinion on Famvir and generic Famvir ? All I cud get was the generic one.

undcvr

I have been on the Cycloferon for about 2 weeks now and I dont know, I just cant tell. On days that I do take it i think that i do feel slightly better, but these damn winter days are just screwing me up so badly. Just to be outside in the cold breathing in below 32 (0 C) air just screws me up so much inside. Maybe the vials will work better.
Btw Heaps did you read that link about arbidol that u put up, some of those Russian drugs in there, they are already in the US. Maxidin and Rusam. Maxidin is just a form of organic bioavailable Germanium and Rusam is just a probiotic extract. Nutricology, a brand here in the US, sells those, named as Germanium and Russian Immune. I have actually tried Ge before, taking it at 600mg a day or is it mcg. Anyway I felt nothing, I took it for 1 week so I am not a good judge to say whetther it worked or not.
Btw Cycloferon is said to be the synthetic alkaloid of Citrus Grandis. From what I understand this is the Pomelo, the great grandfather to the grapefruit. The active ingredient seems to be in the peel of the fruit as opposed to Grapefruit seed extract. So technically it is a naturally occuring chemical. What I dont understand is if Neovir and Cycloferon are supposed to be exactly the same thing: acridone acetate

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I noticed taking cycloferon pills every second day that i felt better on the days i used them but looking into how the drug works its suppose to elevate interferon for 48-72hours, so looking at that, taking it daily doesnt make sense but experience with it seems different. What definately made me notice it was helping was when i ran out of cyclo i 'crashed' within a week, so when u finish using it see what happens. I normally take famvir as well which i wasnt the first time on cyclo, so maybe different for me.

I have looked at the other russian drugs, not to deeply but they also seem to work by the same means ie increasing our natural interferon levels, but some seem better suited to different situation like arbidol is good for respiratory infection-colds/flu's. There some of those drugs which i think are really just supplements, one was just echinacea, so i think it pays to have a good look into something before trialling it. My next immune mod experiment might be immunovir, i have found a cheap source in the UK but cyclo is still alot cheaper. If i could try anything i wouldnt mind trying immunoglobulin, one of the sites sells it, but will have to talk it over with my doc, it seems to cheap for such a med that is so expensive in ausralia.

keep us updated on how u go.

cheers!!!

undcvr

Immunogloubulin is 6000 a shot in the US. It is given weekly over a period of a few hrs. How much is this one that you found ? I thot I saw one too but brushed it off becos of the price.
If you crashed on cyclo within a week, that wud mean that your body stopped producing what cycloferon was supposed to be inducing it to produce, ie, interferons. Does that mean that coming off it wud send interferon lvls to below pre-cycloferon lvls ? And it takes sometime for the body to start producing its own interferons again ??? This is bad news, i thot it wasn't supposed to do that becos that was one of the disadvatages of interferon therapy itself, ie Pegasys. What did you take then to compensate for this, hopefully temporary, reduction in interferon production ? There are several dosages to adminster Cyclo, none are suggested for cfs-ers: Also Neovir and Cyclo are the same thing so dont waste your money on Neovir. Neovir is administered based on body weight.

http://zhurnal.lib.ru/s/skworcow_ww...iihronicheskihgepatitownaangljazyke2006.shtml

Cycloferon is methylglucamine salt of carboxymethylacrydon. It is a synthetic analogue of a natural alkaloid from Citrus Grandis. It has prolonged antiviral, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating action. Cycloferon is capable to induce IFN-?, -? and -? production. The level of interferon induction reaches 60-80 U/ml in blood serum. The endogenous interferon is produced by immunocompetent cells, namely leucocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts and epithelial cells. Cycloferon has low toxicity, no mutagen, teratogenic, embryotoxic or, carcinogenic effect. It shows mild and prolonged immunomodulating action and is compatible with conventional means of therapy.
The medication is packaged as 12.5 % sterile aqueous solution in 2 ml ampules or lyophilized powder in ampules or vials (0.25 g of active substance). The package contains 5 ampules or vials.
Cycloferon is effective towards hepatitis viruses of types A, B, C, D, E, vernal encephalitis, herpes, cytomegalovirus, HIV, etc. It is applied for the treatment of a chlamydiosis and in the complex therapy of reactive and rheumatoid arthritis. Cycloferon is injected intravenously or intramuscularly once a day in a dose of 250 mg (2 ml solution) at the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th and 12th day of treatment. An additional intramuscular injection of 500g (4 ml) of cycloferon is prescribed during the acute stage of disease on the first day. It is possible to repeat the course to ensure the effect of treatment. There are several plans of treatment for each type of hepatitis: type A hepatitis treatment takes 23 days (10 injections), the acute phase of type B hepatitis takes 23 days (10 injections), chronic type B and C hepatitis treatment takes 70 days (3 courses of 10 injections of 500 mg in 4 ml intravenously) [1].

Marylib

Hi Heaps,

What is the UK source for the immunovir? I use Gold Pharma but am always wanting to find new sources. Immunovir is very very pricey in NZ.

heapsreal

Hi undercvr, cyclo isnt suppose to have any negative feedback stuff going on with it thats why its used with interferin itself, i took the crash as happening due to not having elevated interferon and that it went back to my normal levels and i lost that antiviral protection i had, plus with feeling better from the drug my activity increased as well but couldnt keep up that level without cyclo or famvir.

Pharmacy 1010 carry cheap immunoglobulin, not real sure of daosage or how to use it, 10 ampoules 1.5ml at 10% solution. http://www.pharmacy1010.ru/product_page.asp?id=1685
Immunogloubulin is 6000 a shot in the US. It is given weekly over a period of a few hrs. How much is this one that you found ? I thot I saw one too but brushed it off becos of the price.
If you crashed on cyclo within a week, that wud mean that your body stopped producing what cycloferon was supposed to be inducing it to produce, ie, interferons. Does that mean that coming off it wud send interferon lvls to below pre-cycloferon lvls ? And it takes sometime for the body to start producing its own interferons again ??? This is bad news, i thot it wasn't supposed to do that becos that was one of the disadvatages of interferon therapy itself, ie Pegasys. What did you take then to compensate for this, hopefully temporary, reduction in interferon production ? There are several dosages to adminster Cyclo, none are suggested for cfs-ers: Also Neovir and Cyclo are the same thing so dont waste your money on Neovir. Neovir is administered based on body weight.

http://zhurnal.lib.ru/s/skworcow_ww...iihronicheskihgepatitownaangljazyke2006.shtml

Cycloferon is methylglucamine salt of carboxymethylacrydon. It is a synthetic analogue of a natural alkaloid from Citrus Grandis. It has prolonged antiviral, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating action. Cycloferon is capable to induce IFN-?, -? and -? production. The level of interferon induction reaches 60-80 U/ml in blood serum. The endogenous interferon is produced by immunocompetent cells, namely leucocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts and epithelial cells. Cycloferon has low toxicity, no mutagen, teratogenic, embryotoxic or, carcinogenic effect. It shows mild and prolonged immunomodulating action and is compatible with conventional means of therapy.
The medication is packaged as 12.5 % sterile aqueous solution in 2 ml ampules or lyophilized powder in ampules or vials (0.25 g of active substance). The package contains 5 ampules or vials.
Cycloferon is effective towards hepatitis viruses of types A, B, C, D, E, vernal encephalitis, herpes, cytomegalovirus, HIV, etc. It is applied for the treatment of a chlamydiosis and in the complex therapy of reactive and rheumatoid arthritis. Cycloferon is injected intravenously or intramuscularly once a day in a dose of 250 mg (2 ml solution) at the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th and 12th day of treatment. An additional intramuscular injection of 500g (4 ml) of cycloferon is prescribed during the acute stage of disease on the first day. It is possible to repeat the course to ensure the effect of treatment. There are several plans of treatment for each type of hepatitis: type A hepatitis treatment takes 23 days (10 injections), the acute phase of type B hepatitis takes 23 days (10 injections), chronic type B and C hepatitis treatment takes 70 days (3 courses of 10 injections of 500 mg in 4 ml intravenously) [1].

heapsreal

This is the site i found to have well priced imunovir, the dont seem dodgy and require a presciption as well, not sure if they are as cheap as gold pharma, my impression is that goldpharma have a few added fees to it when u check out, although still cheap. http://www.pharmplexdirect.com/imunovir-tablets-500mg-p-3669.html and http://www.natcol.co.uk/product-details/Imunovir_tablets_100_pack/ need to double check shipping costs etc

cheers!!!
ps, how are u going on imunovir??
Hi Heaps,

What is the UK source for the immunovir? I use Gold Pharma but am always wanting to find new sources. Immunovir is very very pricey in NZ.

Marylib

Hi Heaps,

I think that the isoprinosine (immunovir) has made my crashes of shorter duration.

undcvr

Heaps, theoretically it would be possible to combine 2 interferon-inducers if they are stimulating interferons in diff tissues or parts of the body. *Drooling...* Sry gettg carried away with this.

Today is Cycloferon day and I just took 2 today. It is confirmed I feel better on days that I do take it.

Rita, Cycloferon penetrates the BBB that was why Heaps was suggesting it to Daffodil. Thanks for the link btw. Your article states that ' Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) and polyphenols of natural origin stimulate IFN production in different populations of immunocytes '. I wonder what these natural polyphenols are.

undcvr

Heaps, I am sure now that the cycloferon is working and in fact its effects is cummulative. On days i dont take it i feel weaker and on days that i do take it there is a noticeable difference in energy, well being and in general. Sry about being so skeptical about this, its just that if this really does induce interferons, heads shud be rolling and blood must be spilled in the Western world for ignoring its therapeutic effects just becos it came out of Russia. I mean this is so much more safer than alpha interferon therapy ! And theorectically no down regulation of indigenous interferon after stopping treatment ... low side effects ... I mean what more can you ask.
Same has to be said about Arbidol for SARs and the Avian flu.
Expanding on these drugs it seems like diff drugs induce INF production in diff tissues and in diff immune cells. U can take a cocktail of them to stimulate prod all thru out the body or tgt certain areas where u think the virus is hiding out at.

Btw what length needles shud be used for outer tight and upper arm ? Thank you !!

heapsreal

Im glad its helping, if someone has had cfs for awhile i understand them being skeptical, i have tried many things and cycloferon has had a noticeable effect on me. Theres not many things out there that really help us with our immune abnormalities or as my doc has told me, our immuno defiencies. Many studies showing cfers have poor natural killer cell dysfunction and this med has been shown to help nk function. Im sure there are other things out there that can help us, its just that cfs isnt taken seriously enough. If u try those other russian treatments like arbidol, lets us know how u go.

cheers!!!

Heaps, I am sure now that the cycloferon is working and in fact its effects is cummulative. On days i dont take it i feel weaker and on days that i do take it there is a noticeable difference in energy, well being and in general. Sry about being so skeptical about this, its just that if this really does induce interferons, heads shud be rolling and blood must be spilled in the Western world for ignoring its therapeutic effects just becos it came out of Russia. I mean this is so much more safer than alpha interferon therapy ! And theorectically no down regulation of indigenous interferon after stopping treatment ... low side effects ... I mean what more can you ask.
Same has to be said about Arbidol for SARs and the Avian flu.
Expanding on these drugs it seems like diff drugs induce INF production in diff tissues and in diff immune cells. U can take a cocktail of them to stimulate prod all thru out the body or tgt certain areas where u think the virus is hiding out at.

Btw what length needles shud be used for outer tight and upper arm ? Thank you !!

FunkOdyssey

I'm using this myself now, 600mg/day orally on the HIV dosing schedule. Just started a couple days ago, I'll report back in awhile.

orion

Hi Heapsreal,

I ordered 20 Cycloferon tablets before Christmas and they've just arrived. However, I'm now wondering whether I should have ordered more. Based on your experience, would you say that an effect will be noticeable after taking only 20 tablets? I'm planning to take 2x150mg every two days.

I was reluctant to buy more because I wasn't sure whether I could trust the internet pharmacy that I ordered them from.

Thanks

heapsreal

hi orion, it is the internet so i dont blame u for ordering small, but probably need 100 tabs to start a reasonable course, i would save the 20 u have until u get more.
keep us posted.

cheers!!!

orion

hi orion, it is the internet so i dont blame u for ordering small, but probably need 100 tabs to start a reasonable course, i would save the 20 u have until u get more.
keep us posted.

cheers!!!

Well the company did ship the drugs fairly quickly and they haven't spammed me yet (which is a good sign) so maybe I'll order some more.

How many days was it before you became certain that the drug was having a positive effect?

undcvr

about a week's worth, and the effects are cummulative, at least that is my exp