• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting 10-pass ozone today!

Lipac

What was your experience--did it help? If so, with what symptoms?
@Sushi I hadn't had CFS for several years. We did it for Lyme and neuropathies. Sadly, it didn't help at once a week for 8 months.
I had zero side effects.

( Well, yes, I depleted my savings by another $40K...)

A Dr who lives outside the US wrote and told me I needed it direct IV ( not done in US) 7 days a week for months.

My ND was very good. She said no one knows how effective it is for Lyme, or what exactly the protocol is.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So far I have to say, this is right up in the top 3 of treatments I've tried, but only time will tell.
Dave Asprey said he paid $1500 per treatment--is that they typical price? Pretty sure insurance wouldn't pay, right?

Ema

Just curious, what were the other two in your top three treatments? I know we are all different but I was just curious! I'm glad it is helping you so much, that is great news.
1. Ketogenic diet
2. Hizentra
3. Was CBD, but now I’d switch the high pass ozone to 3
4. Was the regular ozone IV

It may actually replace Hizentra by the end though. I have had (very) brief (like minutes) windows of feeling like myself again, which is amazing. Fingers crossed! Don’t want to count any chickens before it’s through, especially if it is something that must be maintained forever to hold. It is expensive and not covered by insurance.

Ema

Thanks @Ema for the info. BTW did you undergo any blood test before the start of ozone therapy. The ozone therapist in my city in India it seems asks the patient to undergo some blood tests before the treatment. And also were the needle pricks painful ?
I have had SO MUCH blood work over the years but nothing special for this one. I asked to run my ebv titers again just to see before and after. And I also just recently did the enterovirus testing. But nothing was required.

No more painful than just inserting a normal IV.

Ema

@Ema can I ask where geographically this is?

I had regular once a week ozone for 8 months that did nothing. I know it's really effective for many things though.

My brother is 58 with serious heart disease and this is his only hope. But he can't go every day for 2 months like recommended. He's a Physician and needs to work to pay off HUGE medical bills from heart surgery.

He had to drive out of state 6 hours for the closest ozone clinic.
(He'd have to rent an apartment and quit working for that. ).

The trial doesn't sound like it's daily like the other protocol. It might work faster as well . He might find a trial close to a hospital where he can work and get free lodging ( he travels to many states for jobs, gets lodging, rental car and plane fare included ). He has bills left from bypass surgery and can't stop working.
He really needs ozone- this sounds so much better..

I wrote to the ozone association doing the trial about participating Drs but haven't heard back.
I will send you a PM at laptop later this evening with specifics. :)

Ema

That's a big one! Asking cause I got a hematoma when someone tried to give do a similar treatment.
Ouch!

They use the blue one, which is apparently 22G, for the regular ozone IVs. But honestly, they feel exactly the same when they are putting them in...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Ouch!

They use the blue one, which is apparently 22G, for the regular ozone IVs. But honestly, they feel exactly the same when they are putting them in...
I think the doc just didn't have good technique.

Gingergrrl

1. Ketogenic diet
2. Hizentra
3. Was CBD, but now I’d switch the high pass ozone to 3
4. Was the regular ozone IV

Thanks and that is interesting. I have never done any of those treatments (but have done Gamunex vs. Hizentra).

It may actually replace Hizentra by the end though. I have had (very) brief (like minutes) windows of feeling like myself again, which is amazing. Fingers crossed!

Wow, that is great! I'm hoping that it lasts after you eventually stop the treatments. This is my fear with my treatments (will it last once they are completely over when I am still hoping for additional improvements now).