• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford ME/CFS Initiative Looking for Research Participants!

The Stanford ME/CFS Initiative is looking for more ME/CFS patients who would classify themselves in the severe category (mostly bedbound, could be housebound). We are doing an exciting PET neuroimaging project with Dr. Michelle James, a neuroradiologist here at Stanford. We may gain an immense amount of knowledge on the inflammatory process in the brains of ME/CFS patients which could improve our understanding of the disease and help with targeting treatment. We're super eager to get participants, it would be ideal if you live near Stanford so we can arrange for the team to go to your house for some testing before a brain scan (that would need to occur on Stanford's campus). If you are interested, please complete the following online screening: https://is.gd/cfsneuroinflammation. For clinical research, recruitment is one of the biggest barriers and we are grateful for the activeness of the ME/CFS community in helping us find patients so that we can find answers!

If you would like some more information, feel free to contact me at tlieb@stanford.edu
We have other exciting research projects going on as well for patients of all severities.