When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Stanford: Are you a local patient?

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by JaimeS, May 16, 2017.

1. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    We don't have a start date yet, @humanrising, but I imagine it will be relatively soon. I was asked to start reaching out just last week. I anticipate by June we will be doing this in a more official capacity. :)

Send me a private message so that I know you have volunteered? :D

2. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Guest

June would be perfect timing. Maybe someone could announce that volunteeers are needed at the upcoming June 2nd ME Awareness Rally in Sacramento?

Sancar likes this.
  3. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    Groggy Doggy likes this.
  4. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

@JaimeS Any updates on the research? I volunteered, but haven't heard anything since May.

JaimeS and Binkie4 like this.
  5. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    Stopped in the middle of a convo with staff about this very topic to reply to you. ;)

I promise we haven't forgotten about you -- our redone research consent form was approved, so it's a simple matter of dotting the Ts and crossing the Is ... or vice-versa... :confused: ... before we can start scheduling folks.

Please remember that, if possible, we would love for you to come in more than once so that we can get longitudinal data or test the same people on various measures. If you can't, that's cool, but if you can, that would be amazing.

I can't anticipate the future, but without another golem in the gears, I will be contacting you very soon. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

6. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

Thanks @JaimeS. Many of us are itching to help in any way we can! :)

7. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    Ready! Start checking your inboxes here, and if you don't see anything there by the end of today (it's about 10:30am where I am) then please PM me and I will send you some information.

[Edit: Done! If you don't have a message in your inbox from me and you'd still like to participate, please PM me!]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Webdog and Groggy Doggy like this.
  8. mikepmichaelson

mikepmichaelson

Hi, I live in Alameda, CA and would be interested in participating.

JaimeS likes this.
  9. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    Mike, please start a private message with me. Phoenix Rising has been doing increasingly weird things over the past few weeks, and it's not letting me start one with you!

10. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi JaimeS. You couldn't start a Conversation with @mikepmichaelson because he is a new member--but you should be able to now. PR is having some conflict with Chrome. If you use Chrome, try another browser and see if that helps.

11. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    For those who are having trouble with Chrome, using incognito mode helps.

[Edit: yes, I was able to start a convo with Mike. Thanks, @Sushi ]

Sushi likes this.
  12. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Thanks for the tip. Half the time it won't let me log in or work with other functions. I've been moving to Microsoft Edge when that happens.

13. KBee

KBee

Hello. I am interested. I can’t figure out how to PM you (might be user error or brain fog).

14. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse

I think you need 10 messages to be able to PM (start a conversation).

For anyone local to the San Francisco Bay Area wanting to participate in the OMF research studies @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) (Ron Davis's partner) posted HERE on how to enquire about participation

Also, MEAction lists HERE other research studies such as the ones at Montoya's clinic. Montoya's research is separate from the OMF research.

Hope that helps.

Joh, KBee and JaimeS like this.
  15. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    If you would like to get enrolled in Ron's studies, you can email wilhelmy@stanford.edu for more. Julie is really, really busy so let me know if you don't hear back right away and I'll let her know in person. I also know that they're getting someone to do recruitment soon, so hopefully soon she will be able to forward it to that person. :)

Zombie_Lurker and KBee like this.
  16. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    And absolutely do look at @wigglethemouse 's link to #MEAction -- I'm maintaining that page. It's a list of currently enrolling studies. Re: Ron's, we're waiting for their patient coordinator to arrive before adding.

KBee and wigglethemouse like this.
  17. Nessajean74

Nessajean74

I am interested in participating in studies. I am in San Bernardino County, was diagnosed end of May this year. I have no clue how it works...does my insurance have to cover costs? I have local medicaid.

18. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA
    Check out my two replies above, @Nessajean74. You don't pay anything to get testing done, but transportation costs are up to the patient.

Nessajean74 likes this.
  19. Nessajean74

Nessajean74

Ok thank you. Transportation is not a problem for me.

JaimeS likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.