• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spiritual Principle Regarding Strong Emotions

Wayne

Hi All,

I came across the following principle a few days ago and really liked it, so thought I would share it here:

You are linked through vibrations with anything for which you have a strong emotion, whether good or bad.

.................................................. ....................

Ive long thought that a plausible reason I and many pwCFS deal with various (and difficult) kinds of emotional lability issues (besides having our lives turned upside down in so many ways) is because of the damage and/or trauma that is going on inside our brains and/or neurological systems.

Since entering into the throes of CFS, Ive noticed how easy it is for me to start getting upset or angry about even the littlest of things. This can happen if I push myself even a bit and start becoming exhausted, at other times because of various pain, cognitive, or nausea issues, and sometimes seemingly for hardly any reason at all.

Ive noticed I can often start out by thinking Ive got a really legitimate gripe about something or somebody, but then wherever I turn my attention, I start getting upset about it as well. For me, a clear indication that when I get into this space, its not hard for me to start pointing the finger outward, instead of realizing the anger Im experiencing is all about myself.

A couple of things that really help me when I realize whats happening, and want to extricate myself from this, is to go for a walk, or go do a sauna, or something else that will break up the charge of whatever emotion that is seemingly wanting to take over (such as anger, or sadness or depression, etc.). But its not always easy or practical to do at the moment.

So I depend heavily on a spiritual technique that always helps me through difficult periods, and which ties in with the principle I mentioned above. This technique is referred to as Singing HU (Heres a 30-second Video). I find it to have a deep resonance, and gives me a greater ability to navigate whatever emotional issue I may be dealing with. So I thought I would share it here with anybody else who might want to consider trying it.

This 3 minute video (beautifully done) explains more about it, and illustrates how anybody of any faith or spiritual orientation might find it to be useful. (Hallelujah is derived from the original sound of HU).

[video=youtube;zvecTKM_-wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvecTKM_-wk[/video]

For me, the results are usually immediate. But if not, Ive learned that I can usually shift things significantly for myself within a couple of days or so, and make way for more uplifting feelings of gratitude, love, and more. In short, it works well for me.

HUgs. :Retro smile:

Wayne

P.S. A relatively inexpensive booklet, "The Call of Soul", has a HU CD in the back which describes some of the long spiritual history of singing HU, and different tips on how a person can use it in their daily lives in some very practical ways.

maddietod

When I did Zikr with Sufis, we sang "La ilaha il Allah Hu;" The phrase means There is no God but God, and "Hu" is God's reply.

November Girl

I hate to say it, but right now i"m too much in the pits to look at the video.

But I want to tell you that our brains are definitely messed up. I believe our brains are low in dopamine, which is a mood modulator. There is frequently inflammation, and the blood volume is low. when we do a mental function that is normally handled by a specific part of the brain (simple arithmetic, listening to music, social interaction, etc.) we end up using several parts of our brains. (On this last, I suspect this is because there is insufficient energy available in one area of the brain, but that's pure guesswork on my part.) There have been several studies showing irregularities in our brains, but I can't point you to them.

Hip

That condition of getting irritable with whatever your turn your attention to is one I often get myself. I found that this irritability has a biochemical cause in my case, which I think is due to high TNF-alpha (if I take several TNF-alpha inhibitor supplements together, the irritability disappears for a good half a day). TNF-alpha is often high in ME/CFS patients. 1

Tammy

Hi All,

I came across the following principle a few days ago and really liked it, so thought I would share it here:

You are linked through vibrations with anything for which you have a strong emotion, whether good or bad.

.................................................. ....................

Ive long thought that a plausible reason I and many pwCFS deal with various (and difficult) kinds of emotional lability issues (besides having our lives turned upside down in so many ways) is because of the damage and/or trauma that is going on inside our brains and/or neurological systems.

Since entering into the throes of CFS, Ive noticed how easy it is for me to start getting upset or angry about even the littlest of things. This can happen if I push myself even a bit and start becoming exhausted, at other times because of various pain, cognitive, or nausea issues, and sometimes seemingly for hardly any reason at all.

Ive noticed I can often start out by thinking Ive got a really legitimate gripe about something or somebody, but then wherever I turn my attention, I start getting upset about it as well. For me, a clear indication that when I get into this space, its not hard for me to start pointing the finger outward, instead of realizing the anger Im experiencing is all about myself.

A couple of things that really help me when I realize whats happening, and want to extricate myself from this, is to go for a walk, or go do a sauna, or something else that will break up the charge of whatever emotion that is seemingly wanting to take over (such as anger, or sadness or depression, etc.). But its not always easy or practical to do at the moment.

So I depend heavily on a spiritual technique that always helps me through difficult periods, and which ties in with the principle I mentioned above. This technique is referred to as Singing HU (Heres a 30-second Video). I find it to have a deep resonance, and gives me a greater ability to navigate whatever emotional issue I may be dealing with. So I thought I would share it here with anybody else who might want to consider trying it.

This 3 minute video (beautifully done) explains more about it, and illustrates how anybody of any faith or spiritual orientation might find it to be useful. (Hallelujah is derived from the original sound of HU).

[video=youtube;zvecTKM_-wk]

For me, the results are usually immediate. But if not, Ive learned that I can usually shift things significantly for myself within a couple of days or so, and make way for more uplifting feelings of gratitude, love, and more. In short, it works well for me.

HUgs. :Retro smile:

Wayne

P.S. A relatively inexpensive booklet, "The Call of Soul", has a HU CD in the back which describes some of the long spiritual history of singing HU, and different tips on how a person can use it in their daily lives in some very practical ways.

Tammy

Wayne,

I joined a group some years ago........no longer in the group but sometimes still find myself singing HU and it is
so soothing. The past year I have had these strong urges to make sounds and I love to listen to harmonics more than ever before and I swear I can hear harmonics in moments of silence sometimes...............anyways.........sometimes I make myself laugh at the sounds that are coming out of me! Sounds almost primal sometimes and at other times very soft and angelic. I've been taking care of my mom the past week after she got foot surgery and she teases me about the sounds she's been hearing from the other room...........all in fun of course. For me it's a huge release.
I meet this person two weeks ago that does sound healing

Wayne

I ... still find myself singing HU and it is so soothing. The past year I have had these strong urges to make sounds and I love to listen to harmonics more than ever before and I swear I can hear harmonics in moments of silence sometimes...............anyways.........sometimes I make myself laugh at the sounds that are coming out of me! Sounds almost primal sometimes and at other times very soft and angelic. I've been taking care of my mom the past week after she got foot surgery and she teases me about the sounds she's been hearing from the other room...........all in fun of course. For me it's a huge release.

Hi Tammy,

So good to hear from you. And so nice to read the descriptions of some of your spiritual experiences with the various melodies and sounds you describe. They seem to resonate with a nice mixture of lightness and laughter. In some ways your experiences resemble my own. When I get a little too emotionally and mentally overwhelmed from dealing with my CFS health challenges, singing HU consistently allows me to rise above some of this myopia and settle into a much greater sense of lightness, laughter and love.

I’ve long thought about looking more deeply into various kinds of sound healing. So I would very much appreciate hearing back from you if you have any interesting experiences with this person you mentioned who works with sound healing. -- Thanks again for your note. :)

Wayne