• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Southern california doctors

Looking for a doctor in southern California who will take my symptoms seriously. All doctors so far just want to put me on ssris until they find one that works.

I do not do well on ssri but they insist it will help . I know better cause I've been on so many all with the same reaction of suicide attempts (not even thoughts but actual attempts) which they also don't take seriously. I prefer natural -ish supplements and vitamins.

Need a doctor who will do correct lab work and not tell me I'm wrong with how I feel or what is and isn't working

Hello Squirmy85,

Dr. John Chia is in Southern California- Torrance to be exact. His specialty is Chronic Fatigue.
Dr. Chia is brilliant and very supportive.
Ive been a patient of his for several years. He's wonderful !!

Justin30

Looking for a doctor in southern California who will take my symptoms seriously. All doctors so far just want to put me on ssris until they find one that works.

I do not do well on ssri but they insist it will help . I know better cause I've been on so many all with the same reaction of suicide attempts (not even thoughts but actual attempts) which they also don't take seriously. I prefer natural -ish supplements and vitamins.

Need a doctor who will do correct lab work and not tell me I'm wrong with how I feel or what is and isn't working

Hey there,

I know how you feel i have taken SSRIs and had severe reacttions to them. This is a Chemical sensitivity assocoated with ME/CFS typically. I am now very cautious what I put in it.

I highly encourage you to buy/download the Kindle Version of a book called:

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME: A TREATMENT GUIDE 2ND EDITION

this will give you great insight into many prescription, alternative, natural and helpful lifestyle accomodations. I see a top Dr not Dr Chia but my Dr speaks highly of him.

I believe OMI is in California as well.