• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sore muscles! What to do?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I seem to have sore muscles - possibly lactic acid - despite not having done very much. I've never really tackled this symptom.

Any remedies?

daisybell

I take magnesium tablets, and also have a warm bath with Epsom salts if really sore. Some very gentle stretches, and keep the muscles warm...

A warm bath or epsom salt bath works wonders at the time but i've always found the pain is even worse the next day every time i have a soak.

My best friend is the electric blanket, i couldn't live without it. Head to foot warmth, 24/7 if needed. Can be wrapped around legs while lying down and helps you to nod off to sleep if the pain makes it difficult.

Revel

I massage Magnesium Oil onto damp skin straight after a warm bath (careful if you have any cuts on your hands as it can sting a little!).

If it's accompanied by twitching and in response to using muscles at all, magnesium helps with that for me. But for more general deep aches, high doses of hydroxoB12 (sublingual or intramuscular injection) work well for me.

Apple

I've found protein shakes helpful. It hasn't helped with the fatigue/weakness/'dead legs' feeling etc. But it's definitely helped reduce my pain levels. I'm not a big meat eater though, so I could've just been somewhat deficient.

I regularly take magnesium citrate too.

In terms of helping it when it's arrived, I also find heat helpful. Microwavable wheat bags are a godsend in the winter.