• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sophia Mirza's Death Certificate = legal case against all the "Somatoform" crap?

SilverbladeTE

Here's a point:

on Sophia Mirza's death certificate, M.E. was listed as a primary cause of death, now although the thing which finally killed her was renal failure iirc, ME is listed there, in black and white on a UK death certificate
note that, it's not a PHYSICAL cause of death, it's not death due to say "suicide under the effects of depression" or such

The extensive post mortem on her spinal cord etc, showed peculiar inflammation and damage which has been seen before in M.E. victim's autopsies, back to the 1950s and the London outbreak and how it got it's name, iirc.

Therefor, M.E. is surely a LEGALLY RECOGNIZED, LETHAL DISEASE BY RECOGNITION OF UK LAW? Hm, legal experts?
So take that and shove it up yer pipe, Weasels! :victory:

This issue should be hammered, as it's hard for the bastards to wriggle out from under a coroner's verdict.

Since M.E. is a lethal disease (at least in the most severe cases), deliberate, willful failure to treat such with all due care for the patient's well being is therefor MANSLAUGHTER if a death results there after
and possibly even murder considering the utter bigotry and abuse we often suffer, which is the same as refusing to treat a person's illness because of race creed or colour, and therefor, moves it into a very different category from "Negligent homicide".

evilgrin0032.gif

alex3619

Hi SilverbladeTE, the usual case as I understand it that doctors are protected, or at least have laws that try to protect them, if the treatment they use is considered standard practice. The problem is that standard practice on ME and CFS is obsolete at best, and the laws were never written with ME or CFS in mind. No medical board is likely to find against a doctor who is using standard practice, regardless of outcome, unless there has been a severe breach of standard practice. If standard practice is what kills us, their response seems to be "so sad, not our problem, show us some research" while the establishment engages in an extreme go-slow attitude to funding said research.

To get a doctor convicted, to force the medical profession to pay attention, will require a level of evidence I don't think we have yet. That doesn't mean we shouldn't check this out - at some point enough evidence will exist to start convicting doctors of criminal activity sufficient to bypass the legislation that protects them.

Please note that legislation protecting doctors is country by country: each country has different laws so the situation may not be the same. Australia has extensive laws on this, and my opinion of the UK situation is that it is similar, but the US is probably very different.

Bye,
Alex

Francelle

So what I want to know is - we can continue doing research, research, research on this condition but at what point does something which is being discovered become 'best practice' and accepted and established as the medical protocol? There are hundreds of findings in the many studies done so far. Who declares when THE DECIDING factor has been found?

I suspect that even if XMRV was unequivocably found to be 'it' that it would take years to filter down to the average practitioner!