• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Someone else's claimed Success Story (from Ukraine)

herpesbaby

Hello. Besides PR I also read a Russian forum for CFSME. Anyway, yesterday a girl shared a success storty.

Female, 27 y.o. was sick for 2 years, with constant low grade fever 37.2-37.5 C, and enlarged lymph nodes.

Went to professor Maltsev, in Kiyev, Ukraine. Blood work showed high HHV-7 titres (10,000) and TTV.
He prescribed a 3 months long treatment:
Valtrex (for a month)
Valcyt (from second month)
Copegus
Alpharona 3 ml
A medicine for liver- she doesn't remember the name.

A girl claims within 2 weeks after treatment fever disappeared and she's been in remission for a year.
Just wanted to share what I've read online today.

herpesbaby

I sent her bunch of questions asking about symptoms that she had had for those 2 years and asked to look up the name of the 'liver medicine' in her records. If she'll respond I will post here.

echobravo

Keep searching, the answer is out there
Do you know if professor Maltsev accepts patients from outside of Ukraine? Any info regarding approximate cost, length of stay, number of visits, skype followup etc?

herpesbaby

I will find out @echobravo

I'd assume yes he does accept foreigners. I dont think doctors discriminate. People from Russia went to see him. But I don't think he speaks English. I'm sure you'll be able to find a translator. If I'll ever go, you can come along, I'll translate for free.

People were discussing that they spent at least 200,000 Russian rubles on diagnostics and treatment when drugs like Octagam are involved.

Where are you from?

PennyIA

http://uadoc.com.ua/ru/doctor/malcev-dmitro-valeriiovich-7285

That's how he looks neurologist immunologist.

Those who gave him 1 star say he gives everyone the sane treatment claiming cfsme is from Epstein barr

If he can cure 1/3 or CFS patients with this (assuming that a third are from virus subgroup)... it's still better than no treatments nor cure. If we could identify the subgroup (which Younger posted a video recently that he might have some way to test a few subgroups)... then it looks like we might at least TRY this treatment.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
If this turns out to be a viable treatment for a subgroup of PwME then I would hope that it would get more interest and confirmation. Why should only people who have money and access (ability to travel) get to have treatment. In Canada our tax dollars pay for health insurance so I would want this treatment here locally.

Maybe it seems petulant but having people go (and they may not know if they are in the right subgroup even) and spend a great deal of money with this one dr undermines any incentive the dr has to share his knowledge through research validation. That's how medicine ought to work IMO.

herpesbaby

Amongst other things he uses peptides that are not approved by FDA or in Canada. Also, Octagam, doesn't seem to be approved in West.

I almost went cuckoo reading all the reviews from the Russian forum, but it seems Maltsev has high success rates.
He does treat people's immune systems and if titres are high, prescribes antivirals. Many people seem to feel better after him.

Amongst negative reviews people called him cold, not caring about them or their finances, and that he speaks too fast (300 words a minute, they say).

@Snowdrop @PennyIA