• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some Progress?

bertiedog

As we are coming to the end of the year I thought I would post what I think must be some positive news. I have been doing a sort of B12 Protocol since mid September consisting of now 2000 mcg Transdermal B12 Spray from Dr Myhill, used to be 3000 mcg plus more recently a liquid Hydroxy B12 and AdnB12 from Metabolics. I noticed a big increase in energy within 4 days and found I could do much walking and bought a Fitbit to monitor my activity which shows in general I do between 5500 steps and day and 6000 steps without any ill effect apart from sore muscles on some days.

I have been taking 3 Thorne's Basic Nutrients since 2007 which gives me a small amount of MB12 and AdnB12 but obviously not enough and also 250 mcg methylfolate and 250 mcg folinic acid but I eat a diet high in folates.

What I have recently noticed is that my legs and arms used to look really scrawny and rather shrivelled but now my legs have filled right out, no sign of being scrawny and my arms are improved too but still some way to go on these. i try and lift light weights at least 3 times a week but have been doing this for at least 5 years with very little effect.

So I am hoping that these new muscles are a good sign that at least some of my body is healing a bit. However my immune system is still not very good having had 2 different viruses within a week of each other which made me feel very unwell and ill but Immunovir helped me to pull out of them.

I will try yet again to add a bit more methylfolate but it is a huge problem for me as I always end up with intractable migraines.

Pam

bertiedog

Yes I think so. Dr Amy Yasko said in one of her talks that it can convert to glutamate which is a known neurotoxin. Not sure if it does this with everyone or only those with certain genetic polymorphisms. Either way its a nightmare for me, I do so much better without adding any more.

BTW My last blood test showed over the range folate but whether this is converting to the methyl sort I don't know.

Pam