• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve MECFS announces grant recipients

Emily Taylor

Hi Emily, thanks for your participation in the forums.
Do you mean 160,000 was the total for all grants so on average about 30k each?

My pleasure, BurnA!

And yes, that breakdown is correct. The grants are all in a similar range of funding and I apologize that I do not have the exact figures for each individual program. But, my understanding is that the variance between each award is very small.

From Solve's March newsletter:
Ramsay seed grant results in an additional $50k funding for ME/CFS research
On March 5th 2017, Dr. Isabel Barao, a Ramsay 2016 awardee currently researching natural killer cells in ME/CFS, visited the SMCI offices in Los Angeles and met with Dr. Zaher Nahle, Chief Scientific Officer and VP for Research. This was an opportunity to discuss the status of the project recently funded by SMCI, entitled “The Bioenergtic Health Index of NK Cells as a Diagnostic Tool for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.” The project seeks to understand metabolic patterns in immune cells MECFS and identify potential biomarkers. It is a collaboration between Drs. Isabel Barao-Silvestre (University of Nevada Reno), Ruben Dagda (University of Nevada Reno), and Victor Darley-Usmar (University of Alabama at Birmingham) and is entitled “The Bioenergetic Health Index of NK Cells as a Diagnostic Tool for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.”
As a result of SMCI’s seed funding, a match in the amount of $50,000 from several independent donors was secured by the team to further this promising research. Dr. Barao stated that “without this initial critical funding from SMCI, we would not have been able to get this project off the ground or secure these additional funds. We are so grateful to the professionalism and commitment of SMCI for funding ME/CFS research and solving this disease.”

*GG*

Breaking this up to make it easier to read.

Ramsay seed grant results in an additional $50k funding for ME/CFS research

On March 5th 2017, Dr. Isabel Barao, a Ramsay 2016 awardee currently researching natural killer cells in ME/CFS, visited the SMCI offices in Los Angeles and met with Dr. Zaher Nahle, Chief Scientific Officer and VP for Research. This was an opportunity to discuss the status of the project recently funded by SMCI, entitled “The Bioenergtic Health Index of NK Cells as a Diagnostic Tool for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.”

The project seeks to understand metabolic patterns in immune cells MECFS and identify potential biomarkers. It is a collaboration between Drs. Isabel Barao-Silvestre (University of Nevada Reno), Ruben Dagda (University of Nevada Reno), and Victor Darley-Usmar (University of Alabama at Birmingham) and is entitled “The Bioenergetic Health Index of NK Cells as a Diagnostic Tool for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.”

As a result of SMCI’s seed funding, a match in the amount of $50,000 from several independent donors was secured by the team to further this promising research. Dr. Barao stated that “without this initial critical funding from SMCI, we would not have been able to get this project off the ground or secure these additional funds. We are so grateful to the professionalism and commitment of SMCI for funding ME/CFS research and solving this disease.”

GG :)