• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve ME/CFS grades the HHS response to CFSAC recommendations

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Solve said:
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) released this week its response to the recommendations put forth by the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) at its August meeting. We recognize that these responses were written in late October, before the first Trans-NIH Working Group meeting. We understand that there have been positive developments at the National Institutes of Health since then.

The Solve ME/CFS Initiative has given a letter grade to HHS for each recommendation based on how well the agency responded, given last year’s Institute of Medicine (IOM) and Pathways to Prevention (P2P) reports, which unequivocally called for federal agency focus on ME/CFS.

See the rest here:

http://solvecfs.org/solve-mecfs-initiative-grades-the-hhs-response-to-cfsac-recommendations