• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Social science and replication" (just article w/ a general call for the need for more replication)

Dolphin

Social science and replication

11 December, 2013

The hesitation to reproduce and replicate datasets inhibits clarity and can obscure research results. Alex Sutherland and Nicole Janz argue for a cultural shift to demand more replication of results which can help policymakers and academics alike to bring greater legitimacy and relevance to research.
http://www.alliance4usefulevidence.org/replication/

Dolphin

The problem is cultural: Gherghina and Katsanidou found that only 18 of 120 political science journals have a replication policy in which they state authors should upload data for their papers.

I don't follow political science research. It's interesting to me that even that many require the data to be uploaded. Quite a few of us would like to see the data from the PACE Trial.