• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Social experiment with family and friends

a person who doesn't believe ME, being asked by you, wants to receive it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evades question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
Can we get one of the PACE crew to put their money where their mouth is and accept blood from one of us?
yes, blood that has been screened for every known infection disease and proved to be "healthy" by their own criteria... lets se how much time could they hold that criteria after at least some of them star to experience a "somatoform disorder" or "deconditioning" for a little while at least. Even some might attemp their own "treatment" and see the horrendous results for themselves!

erin

that's when they start believing the disease is real, i guess, when they believe it can be dangerous for them. While the disease only causes pain to somebody else, it doesn't exists. very convenient isn't it?
Exactly @lauluce. Unfortunately that's the only time that they think it might be real and you don't hear much from them after this. Which suits me fine. To me it is a proof that they only care about themselves and no one else. There have been some friends and family members who supported me from the beginning. They weren't overtly concerned about catching ME, they are the real friends and family.

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
This condition is essentially torture, which is illegal under the Geneva conventions (though someone should inform right wing US citizens of this) so i would not wish it on anyone, not even the PACE authors

You're a better person than me. IMO at least 51% of the torture is iatrogenic psychological trauma. They deserve it.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
You're a better person than me. IMO at least 51% of the torture is iatrogenic psychological trauma. They deserve it.
I don't disagree, but i can't justify inflicting someone with this hell

lauluce

I have mixed feelings of this... I sometimes fantasise about specific persons getting the disease so they can understand how wrong they where or how much damage they made deniying the condition, spreading misinformation or hindering the progress of the people with ME as a whole (psychiatrists, people involved in PACE, government officials, etc). But at the same time, in the end, if I had the chance to inflict this horrible disease on somebody, I think I wouldn't do it! its just too harsh as punishment!

valentinelynx

as blood banks do not care who the blood comes from as long as it passes their test, and blood can be donated to a specific person in need if you ask for it when you donate it. For example, if your cousin is in the hospital and blood of your type is being requested for him, you can go to the hospital and offer your blood specifically for him. This last part means that the person with whom you're doing this experiment will be now aware that at some point of his life, HE COULD RECEIVE YOUR BLOOD, the blood of somebody who supposedly has a made up disease...

I know it's kind of beside the point, as I know this is thought experiment primarily, but regarding blood donation: one, you may be able to specify a recipient for your blood, but unless it's a match (and blood type matching is only the beginning of the matching process), it wouldn't be used, and two, donated blood lasts a maximum of 6 weeks, so "some point in his life," isn't quite right. You'd have to arrange your threatened infectious donation just before your friend or family member has a high risk surgery or is hospitalized with major trauma.

lauluce

I know it's kind of beside the point, as I know this is thought experiment primarily, but regarding blood donation: one, you may be able to specify a recipient for your blood, but unless it's a match (and blood type matching is only the beginning of the matching process), it wouldn't be used, and two, donated blood lasts a maximum of 6 weeks, so "some point in his life," isn't quite right. You'd have to arrange your threatened infectious donation just before your friend or family member has a high risk surgery or is hospitalized with major trauma.
I actually donated blood for and importan person when he required very serious surgery, yet when I found out that they where using that precise batch of my own blood in said important person, I told then to destroy it immediatelly. Had I not asked that, that person would have received my blood, which had already been approved by the blood bank and passed all his test. I believed the blood bank was going to store my blood for anybody who needed it in the future, but give already stored blood from other people to this person I'm talking about. i didn't got much tough about the people who would eventually receive my blood having some chance of getting the disease, I only asked for the blood to be destroyed when I found out they were going to give to that specific important person. In conclusion, I think that in the end, I don't really care much if people from the society who turned their backs on me and all of us ME sufferers could get something from my blood... no, I didn't care! they were all cruel with me! I've been living with ME without any sort of support, nor moral support from people around, nor financial support fron he goverment, nor medical support from doctors, researchers, or medical institutions from the government. So I guess I said f**ck them! "you're now going to know how real this is!". Sorry, I guess I'm not a good person, but one isn't born a monster, it's turned into one