• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

So, seriously, why can't I sleep?

leokitten

I never said benzos make me sleep deeper. They are the I only things that initiate sleep.

And switching around helps with tolerance. It has nothing to do with the ebb and flow for me.

For 3 days I woke at 4 am and never for back to sleep. Then as mysteriously as it came it left.

You can't just diagnose an issue,
Say it's low wave sleep, especially Because they said sleep study was fine and dismiss what other's say.

I don't know or care what kind of sleep I get. After 20 years all I know is any sleep is better than none.

Switching around between different benzodiazepines and z-drugs doesn't help with tolerance whatsoever, you are still activating the same GABA-A pathway and still become addicted and they still lose efficacy and cause all the same long term problems.

You are just addicted to a bunch of sleep meds now instead of one. Try not taking your benzos or z-drugs for a while and you will quickly realize how addicted you are.

I can stop taking my sleep med combo and still sleep unless it's the CFS keeping me up, the meds are not causing me any long term addiction or problems.

I've written multiple times here on PR that in addition to all the obvious problems benzos and z-drugs cause they also cause immune system problems with long term use. This is the last thing that people with CFS need!

See section under Symptoms -> Immune System:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_long-term_benzodiazepine_use

Last edited: