• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

So many questions...

Hello,

I didn't realise how much different information there was known about ME/CFS until coming this website, I have a few questions if any can shed some light on them please.

Regarding toxins and detoxification, is the problem that the toxins from pollution in general, household products, factories, cars etc getting into our systems but not getting out? Or is it at a slower pace meaning the toxins are sitting in our body making us feel ill? Also if we were to live in a pollution free area would these symptoms subside due to this problem theoretically? Do we know if that makes a difference, as I live practically next door to a huge factory complex, the entrance being behind our house and reaching back maybe 3/4s of a mile. Also I live a few miles away from another high polluting establishment, some power station thing I think. But we are thinking of maybe trying to get me away somewhere for a couple of weeks in the countryside to see if that improves things, if we do that pollutants are we supposed to be avoiding and will this make a difference"?

Also I have heard a bit about oxidative stress and mitochondrial problems causing fatigue and muscles problems, is this a high possibility, what does I entail and this there anything we can do?

Also even though I know it is a bit trial and error, is there any link between certain environmental surroundings, not just pollution but stress, sitting position, anything, linking to nausea and stomach problems.

I probably have so many more questions but i will leave it at that for now, sorry its so long, but i would be particulary interested to know if moving to a clean aired area would help?