• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SNPs and CFS (Goertzel, et al paper)

They found 28 SNPs that are related to CFS. There is a chart with all the SNPs and percentages for healthy people and CFS people. I bet almost all of us here will match a lot of their data.

http://www.wicfs-me.org/Pdf Files/Goertzel.pdf

This has a 2006 date on the bottom, could it really be that old? They should have much more progress today if they had found this in 2006.

Lotus97

I've noticed several people here comment that they have a B12 deficiency, but not CFS. I'm curious how their SNPs match up with the data. Something else I'm wondering, there are so many different causes for CFS. Maybe even the people who say they have a B12, but not CFS could be classified as having CFS. So if someone has a different underlying illness, are they still going to match up with the others?

so many different causes for CFS. Maybe even the people who say they have a B12, but not CFS could be classified as having CFS. So if someone has a different underlying illness, are they still going to match up with the others?

Yeah, because of what you said, it seems like they will get lower sensitivity in any test. So in this paper they had 76% and I think that's really good. The other 24% may have had something else that causes fatigue and similar problems, but they got misdiagnosed and put in our group.